$30.00
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was setting up a custom game today and realized that you can't mix the dark sides of the boards with the sand/water sides. The puzzle piece like edges aren't one standard shape.

So unless I purchase a second set I won't be able to expand the dark side board.

I thought maybe I would try using the plastic tiles pieces as buffer however they don't fit in the puzzle shape holes very well.

I know it is a minor gripe but it is still a valid disappointment. This means that going forward we will only be able to use side A with future side A boards and side B with future side B boards.

They could make a custom connector board. I would be okay with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Disappointed with the double sized puzzle boards
Man that sucks! I hate the sand map, I mean the card game is all about the amazing vistas and alien worlds, so what does the game get...so crappy sand dotted with some water?! Was really excited to hear this had new terrain in, and then this!

Big time follower of MTG and Wizards dont tend to just do stuff willy nilly, they normally have looked a few years ahead and planned bits, I dont know how much this board game will follow the card game in developement standards but, Im hopeing this crappy map pieces has already been planned to get a massive upgrade like bags of Heroscape terrain you can just go buy as much as you want of it when it releases.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
To be fair, the inherited tongue and groove design (Heroscape) of the tiles simply won't work if you try to flip some of the pieces.
Since Innistrad is so cheap, just buy another box and extend the dark side that way

I will say though, that I fully agree, that this game deserves better game boards. The big advantage MtG:AotP has over Heroscape, is that IN THEORY, it should be easy to have a really slick looking map compared to the bland looking plastic.
Too bad they stick to daytime dirt and nighttime dirt with some barely visible roots that got named in a rather unfortunate way.
"Weirded" ground? Seriously?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the disappointment in the boards. I would rather them have produced large hex posters with up to 4 indicated elevations. That way it wouldn't affect line of sight but affect movement. Walls, buildings, trees, etc could be presented while also cutting cost. I think story narrative elements that could change the tide of a battle would be a nice touch but that's daydreaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw these at "Ollie's Bargain Outlet" (kinda like Big Lots) for $5. I think I'll pick up an extra to remedy this problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sir Loin o Beef wrote:
I saw these at "Ollie's Bargain Outlet" (kinda like Big Lots) for $5. I think I'll pick up an extra to remedy this problem.

Yeah, I saw a couple of these at the local Ollie's too. I guess that's the nail in the coffin. The game is truly dead.

I still think it's a pretty cool addon to Heroscape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.