Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Laager
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking through the heroes
and I wanted to know what teams would draw a lot of cards (cool long combos)

so of course the webslinger have thier masters
Spider-Man 14 (value 2 less)
Ultimate Spider-Man 13
Silk 13
Scarlet Spider 9
Spider-Woman 8

But out side of them, there are some pretty good candidates

Wolverine 14
Angel 11
Mr. Fantastic 5x1 5x2
Gambit 5X1 5x2
Superior Iron Man 9
Wolverine (x-force) 9

have fun tring these teams out

against

Dr Doom and Kingping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
If you want lots of draws, go full tech

Ironman
Doc ock
Ultron
Beast
Mr fantastic

Or go full ranged
Emma frost
Storm
Iceman
Captain marvel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Boorman
msg tools
Lots of X-Men heroes prefer card drawing shenanigans. Iceman's Frost Spike Armor, combined with other ranged cards (especially Deep Freeze), can get a ton of draw power in relatively few cards, even turning cards that aren't about draw power into draw power. Combined with ranged cards that have innate draw power, like Gambit and Bishop, he turns into a drawing machine.

Jean Grey's Mind Over Matter gives her a draw on every bystander rescue. While she has her own bystander engine, she turns into a card drawing monster in situations that use lots of bystanders, like Midtown Bank Robbery, Save Humanity, or facing Madelyn Pryor. Jean is one of the few characters who specifically likes hitting Apocalypse's immortal scheme because it gives her six free bystanders, which is essentially a free hand. It's particularly funny if you can hit it over and over again. Allied heroes with bystander mechanics like Deadpool and Black Widow can also keep her going for a while.

Magik can be a bit more unorthodox about drawing through teleportation (which is kind of an extra draw when you think about it) and sidekick farming.

Rogue can copy any other card's rules with Copy Powers. In fact, because of how utterly unique (and arguably completely broken) Copy Powers is, Rogue is a strong contender for any stunt build.

Outside the X-Men, Iron Man has one of the oldest and simplest draw spam shenanigans with Endless Invention and Quantum Breakthrough, but you need to start with another tech hero to get him going. Black Widow's Mission Accomplished and Domino's Lucky Break are both good for this as they are both tech heroes with built-in draw abilities.

Starlord's Implanted Memory Chip is a solid and reliable draw every turn the artifact stays up. Because you can trigger each of these cards independently, you can use them to pick up cards to clear the way for heroes who require topdecking to activate (Spider-Man, Gambit). You could also power draw with Legendary Outlaw activating the IMC. Though honestly, Starlord's ridiculousness lies more in his shard farming than his drawing.

If drawing is your goal, always face the Enemies of Asgard and the Savage Land Mutates. The SLM are obvious, as every kill is an extra draw next turn. The point of the EoA is to bait out the Enchantress (or both, if you can) and if your draw engine ever stalls out, fight an Enchantress for three free draws. Also the Frost Giants and Ymir are both good to generate some wounds to start Wolverine's draw engine, if you go that route.

My personal hero combos of preference for drawing shenanigans are either Jean Grey, Magik, Bishop, Gambit, and Iceman, or Iron Man, Forge, Domino, Hawkeye and Wolverine, depending on whether I want to go ranged/covert or tech/instinct.

One time I ran Wolverine, Drax and Angel in single-player. I was trying to go for a max damage stunt run (Magneto, Replace Earth's Leaders With Killbots, Enemies of Asgard, Savage Land Mutates), and by the final round I had recruited every single hero. I wound up drawing, IIRC, 56 cards in a single turn, so much that I was immediately drawing the last few heroes I was recruiting because there was no deck left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
zerg wrote:
Mr. Fantastic 5x1 5x2

Twisting Equations isn't draw, it's Focus 2 for an extra card in your next hand - you can pay that 2* cost as many times as you can afford, and you certainly should. It's one of the best Focus powers available and can be used to give you a horribly large hand for the next turn.

Hence his uncommon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I've often had a lot of success with Blade. His uncommon can be responsible for drawing up to 10 cards, not to mention if you can get multiples of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:

Ironman
Doc ock
Ultron
Beast
Mr fantastic

I would probably include Forge over Ultron for this team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Laager
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Iceman's Frost Spike Armor,

but this are only 3 cards out of 14
Deep Freeze,Ice Slide,mpenetrable Ice Wall don't have any draw abilities

Quote:
Jean Grey's Mind Over Matter

Mind Over Matter also only 3 card out of 14...

Quote:
Magik can be a bit more unorthodox about drawing through teleportation (which is kind of an extra draw when you think about it) and sidekick farming.

sidekicks: Rally the New Mutants (5 copies),
Telepord Travel through Limbo (5 copies), Dimensional Portal (3 copies), Wield the Soulsword (1 copy)

nice idea... well does not day "draw cards..."

Quote:
Rogue can copy any other card's rules with Copy Powers. In fact, because of how utterly unique (and arguably completely broken) Copy Powers is, Rogue is a strong contender for any stunt build.

Copy Powers (3 copies) is only 3 cards too out of 14...

Quote:

Iron Man has one of the oldest and simplest draw spam shenanigans with Endless Invention and Quantum Breakthrough

Endless Invention (5 copies), Quantum Breakthrough (1 copy):
6 cards only out of 14...

Quote:
Starlord's Implanted Memory Chip is a solid and reliable draw every turn the artifact stays up

Implanted Memory Chip (3 copies) only 3 card of 14

Quote:
Jean Grey, Magik, Bishop, Gambit, and Iceman,

3 + (14), (why Bishop he doesn't have ANY card drawing abilities), 10,3
so that 30 cards with draw like abilities... out of 70
like my props has 53 (and if you would replace wolverine-x force by magic we get 58 cards that make you somehow draw cards)...

Quote:
Iron Man, Forge, Domino, Hawkeye and Wolverine

6, 5, 5, 5, 14 : 35 cards... wow just the half of the cards do card drawing..

why do I look the number of cards...
well you will have to polute you decks with non card drawing cards...
(or one of decks/player runn a different startegy to remove non card drawing cards form the hq..)
yes Iceman can get you Insane number of cards, but there are only 3 cards in his deck that do that..

side note:
Mr. Fantastic
Twisting Equations (5 copies) +x draw end of turn (min 1) (focus)
Unstable Molecules (5 copies) +2 draw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Rraahk wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

Ironman
Doc ock
Ultron
Beast
Mr fantastic

I would probably include Forge over Ultron for this team.

I don't have the cards in front of me, if I recall correctly, Ultron has Dodge and a card that gives a hydra\shield Dodge.

Plus, a bystander for every tech card you played...

But I suppose if you just want to optimize draw and nothing else, I'd probably play Star-Lord over Forge or Ultron. It just doesn't feel all "tech" even though his artifact is tech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zerg wrote:
Quote:

sidekicks: Rally the New Mutants (5 copies),
Telepord Travel through Limbo (5 copies), Dimensional Portal (3 copies), Wield the Soulsword (1 copy)

nice idea... well does not day "draw cards..."

You're right, she doesn't directly, but after a couple of rounds she can enable a massive amount of draw. Actually, I'd use a stronger word than "enable" but can't think of one right this very moment.

Quote:
...(why Bishop he doesn't have ANY card drawing abilities...

Actually, he does:
Whatever the Cost (5 copies)
Ranged
Draw a card.
Covert: You may KO a card from your hand or discard pile.
Cost: 2

zerg wrote:
why do I look the number of cards...
well you will have to polute you decks with non card drawing cards...

I see what you're saying and agree, to a point, but if you run a strong strategy and use multiple characters with drawing ability, those add up and you can end up drawing quite a bit as the game progresses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
zerg wrote:
Quote:
Jean Grey's Mind Over Matter

Mind Over Matter also only 3 card out of 14...

Sure, you can find a ton of cards that draw a single card, or you can find one card that can draw more than all of them combined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
zerg wrote:
Quote:
Iceman's Frost Spike Armor,

but this are only 3 cards out of 14
Deep Freeze,Ice Slide,mpenetrable Ice Wall don't have any draw abilities

Deep Freeze does let you draw...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Laager
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok well 8 out 14 not bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.