Unfair» Forums » General

Subject: Best use of teaser cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AY Ronny
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While I am glad we get to see all the great teasers, what is the best way to apply them to the play when we get our copy? Just shuffle all 12 teaser cards into the decks when setting up?

Would like to seek suggestions here. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Long
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick some or all of them and just add them into the relevant deck. I have playtested with some of the cards and they can put a bit of a spin on play. e.g The vacant lot drives an expansion strategy or looking to build both super attractions.

I'd have a look before using them all, as some cards are more suited to experienced play e.g. perhaps don't put the Zombie Horde in someone's first game. And some combinations will be better than others - Zombies will go better with Vampries (as it has more staff to hold off the advancing horde).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AY Ronny
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer

I have another question, from your playtest experience, since teaser cards have only one copy each, did they show up frequent enough in your plays?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Long
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They will certainly be noticeable, but perhaps to different degrees. Some teasers are City events, so they will appear more frequently (as each deck only has 3 Funfair and 3 Unfair cards).

There are unique park cards the most of the decks, and they make a noticeable appearance. I find that we cycle the Park deck during round 5 and may get a second cycle of the Park deck (depending on how big the parks get), so everything makes a couple of appearances. There are plenty of Event cards which speed up access to cards in the Park deck.

There are park cards that you learn to look out for. If a Park card is on a blueprint, then it is popular. The teasers will be similar - if you have the dinosaur card in your hand, you will be watching for the electric fences. Plus the dinosaur card is an animal upgrade which is a bonus on a blueprint.

So I'd say the Zombie teaser would have the most direct impact on play, as players will be buying staff to shift the Zombie Horde away. Vacant Lot and the dinosaur are a noticeable upgrades, even if there is only one. So players will be more likely to take them if they have the chance. Gunslinger and Alien Ambassador have less impact on gameplay, but will fit in as another staff member.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They'll also have more impact in a 2 player game because the cards are cycled faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
These cards can all, or in any subset of pairs you like, be shuffled into the park deck (or whatever deck they belong to) during setup. I'd pull them out during pack down too.

I've seen a lot more tussling over getting Alien Ambassador (which you can always benefit from) than losing Zombie Horde (which doesn't always hurt you if you have boosted capacity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Long
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kbrebach wrote:
I've seen a lot more tussling over getting Alien Ambassador (which you can always benefit from) than losing Zombie Horde (which doesn't always hurt you if you have boosted capacity.

Nice point Kim - The staff move around in the Event step, but payout in the Guests step. So I can see the Ambassador moving to the park with lowest coins, but then being grabbed (by Headhunter or Mesmorist) on the follwoing Event step.

I suppose if someone has some nice Nature areas for the Zombies to wander in, then they have less of an impact I can see they would more impact earlier and on the last round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.