Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if anyone has tried putting the stickers on magnets and giving the character sheets a magnetic backing? It'd maintain the tactile effect of the stickers without losing their adhesion over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meyer
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
The adhesive used in the stickers is designed to be non-permanent so you would need to ferther secure the whole thing by dipping in modge-podge or something similar. Other than that a great idea

The goal behind the Runner add on kits is that you get several copies of each runner card so that you can name each character and give them the upgrades you chose without having to worry about change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't realistically see anyone having done this.

I've got to 40 ish plays so far and have used about 9 stickers. One sticker has been on three cards and I'm not sure anyone could tell the difference between that sticker and the others.

This isn't a dig at you at all, but even two years on I can't believe this is still an issue! Embrace the stickers

As mentioned above you can get replacement stickers in character packs. Though they aren't cheap, it would probably better than trying to engineer some elaborate alternate solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just remove the stickers when we are done, they work perfect on another character sheet after that.
Think you can get 3 maybe 4 re uses out of 1 sticker that way.
But with the stickers in the game (and thinking before you take a new upgraid) the stickers will give you like 100 games atleast even if you don't re use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Post-it notes fit fine. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Sanders
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
we created "digital character cards", using some materials I collected here on bgg and across the web. it's basically a google slides presentation with a slide for each character on which we update all the consistent stats (karma, upgrades and game-start stats..). in game we just used the bare cards set up with the HP and ny according to the digital cards, although being on google drive the digital cards are accessible to anyone by phone or tablet even in game.

it's simple, and was kinda fun to hunt the web for character images that would integrate well in our cards and gave them some personal feel.

unfortunately my group kinda bailed on me when we finally reached karma 4, so no upgrades yet.. angry

I really should find a way to share it on bgg somehow. nothing original, but maybe someone will find the idea and the setup useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pogatshnik
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
cutting out the stickers and using paper clips to hold them to the character cards is what I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AceAceBaby wrote:
Post-it notes fit fine. whistle

Nice! I was planning on updating my GIMP file someday by including the stickers:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/133878/editable-character...

But sticky notes might be a quicker, more reusable solution. Printing to mailing labels might be a viable option too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Packwood
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe there's an opportunity for someone to create sticker size tokens in Litko?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.