Subject: 11th hour addition makes deluxe option 1000% better than basic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris britton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
New expansion cards to scale the difficulty, and another set of new survivors!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the creator should be trying to lure in new backers rather than getting current ones to pay more. To me, the add-ons make the base game look less appealing. The only update I'm interested in is a gameplay video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kitkat Denchy
msg tools
They do need new backers!
That is why it is so important for people to "bring a friend".
Hope your name is on that list.

I would like to see a video also. There was some hint that one might be coming, but I have not seen one yet.

I am happy with the base game as it has everything needed. I don't need all the extras. However, with a base game that works well as-is, at such a cheap price, they had to do something to reach the goal. I am willing to throw a couple add-ons on to my pledge. If we don't meet goal no one gets even the base game. That would be really, really disappointing to me, and a lot of others, I'm sure.

I am doing what I can to bring a friend. I have 2 friends now that have pledged. Still seems like word is not spreading too far.
A little help, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

We should be good to fund, but bigger is ALWAYS better!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I think the creator should be trying to lure in new backers rather than getting current ones to pay more. To me, the add-ons make the base game look less appealing. The only update I'm interested in is a gameplay video.

We are waiting on it as well. We were told Friday that it would be ready today but it sadly wasn't. The second we have it in hand/file we will post it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitkat4444 wrote:
They do need new backers!
That is why it is so important for people to "bring a friend".
Hope your name is on that list.

I would like to see a video also. There was some hint that one might be coming, but I have not seen one yet.

I am happy with the base game as it has everything needed. I don't need all the extras. However, with a base game that works well as-is, at such a cheap price, they had to do something to reach the goal. I am willing to throw a couple add-ons on to my pledge. If we don't meet goal no one gets even the base game. That would be really, really disappointing to me, and a lot of others, I'm sure.

I am doing what I can to bring a friend. I have 2 friends now that have pledged. Still seems like word is not spreading too far.
A little help, please?

My name was on the list on day 1, I too want to see it succeed. The problem with using add ons to make the funding goal is that it isn't moving more games, it's devaluing the base game to new backers. I really thought we'd get more characters (as 4 doesnt provide any replay in a 4-player game) and I'm disappointed to see that I'm now supposed to pay almost the equivalent of the game's price for eight more. I know there are backers who love it and can't wait for a reason to throw more money at it, but I'm not one of them.

TBH, I almost cancelled my pledge today, but I'm willing to wait for the gameplay video. I don't care for District-Z or Slaughterville and I really hope the story-telling makes the difference here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris britton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
It's a 1 player solo game, not a 4 player game, and there is now? 12 survivors? 2 groups of 4 were added.

The video is up as well.

I think they know they need more new pledges.. it's just that going out and forcing people to pledge is kinda hard.

we need to get the word out... even now, in the last few days. the more, the better. Who knows.. if we got a glut of new pledges, we might even hit the first stretch goal.

I do miss the DZ kickstarter. We were hitting stretch goals the first day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
soundguy34421 wrote:
It's a 1 player solo game, not a 4 player game, and there is now? 12 survivors? 2 groups of 4 were added.

The video is up as well.

I think they know they need more new pledges.. it's just that going out and forcing people to pledge is kinda hard.

we need to get the word out... even now, in the last few days. the more, the better. Who knows.. if we got a glut of new pledges, we might even hit the first stretch goal.

I do miss the DZ kickstarter. We were hitting stretch goals the first day.

Well, I wouldn't worry too much about one of the stretch goals...wait until this update
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dexter
United Kingdom
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just backed! It is really awesome that the stretch goal is now just a part of the game. I always enjoyed choose your adventure type books, and adding more is always great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinnie Verrinoldi

New York
msg tools
mbmb
I'm also in on the Kickstarter and looking forward to it myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Halderman
United States
Salina
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
With all that has been added to the deluxe version it was an easy decision to pledge for a copy. I'm hoping some stretch goals will be reached in these final days to add even more value to the deluxe edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Funded! And now the Cult will arrive and unleash their manipulation on the world. I hope you are happy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.