Subject: Predator Ship Tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just got the majority of my Kickstarter today and something is bugging me!

What is the deal with the Predator Tiles? Here is what the Kickstarter advertised:

Yet, all I received was 2 punchboards that amount to 10 corridors, 3 rooms, 3 doors, and 1 boarding tube. No environmental cards, no missions, and no "three cardboard tokens" (unless these are supposed to be the doors). Is there supposed to be a third punchboard with at least 2 more corridors and a room? Also, are the missions and environmental cards for this a part of wave 3? It seems ludicrous that 2 punchboards cost $24 to KS backers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the same thing. That was a massive waste of an add on for me.

Honestly all the tiles are poor in my opinion. The game tiles all have the same three crates all over, no variation at all. The Pred tiles are also very duplicative even though we got so few.

Lost opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
I thought the same thing. That was a massive waste of an add on for me.

Honestly all the tiles are poor in my opinion. The game tiles all have the same three crates all over, no variation at all. The Pred tiles are also very duplicative even though we got so few.

Lost opportunity.

Agreed, but did you only get 2 punchcards of tiles as well, or am I missing some tiles and the promised rules/missions? This is venturing toward false advertising/deceptive marketing practices if this is all we are getting for the price of admission. We should be compensated if this is really all we are getting soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only got 2 punchboards, and as far as I know that is what everyone who ordered them got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats all I got as well. Pretty meh... much like the rest of it (except the minis of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah... but that's not what we paid for in the Kickstarter...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid for a lot of stuff in the kickstarter I have yet to see at all.

It isn't like the lie about these tiles is the only thing Jarek and Crew have lied about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As of right now, I have tried to play the game twice and been extremely frustrated both times. I still have not recieved everything I was supposed to as far as the minis, which are the only actual "value" I've recieved at all from this project. The fact that I got jipped on the predator tile set, is the least of my concerns. For what I put into this game I could have bought at least 4 full pledges with all the extras from any other game. Backers remorse? Hell yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
I paid for a lot of stuff in the kickstarter I have yet to see at all.

It isn't like the lie about these tiles is the only thing Jarek and Crew have lied about.

Grumpae wrote:
As of right now, I have tried to play the game twice and been extremely frustrated both times. I still have not recieved everything I was supposed to as far as the minis, which are the only actual "value" I've recieved at all from this project. The fact that I got jipped on the predator tile set, is the least of my concerns. For what I put into this game I could have bought at least 4 full pledges with all the extras from any other game. Backers remorse? Hell yes!

Gentlemen, I feel your pain. It has always been my policy to apply Hanlon's Razor to these issues in the past. That is: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity". However, I believe this is a clear case that Hanlon's Razor cannot account for.

This is utter bull$#^t. As horrible as this experience has been for us, I could always tell myself; "They just suck at their job, they actually want to do a good job, but they are ______ ." That blank could be, "overwhelmed", or "low on funds", or "easily distracted by shiny things", or "incredibly dense", or the old standby "fantastically incompetent".

But this is not that. This is malice, this is them cutting corners and sticking us with the bill, just because they can get away with it. I'm sure there are more instances of this, but I chose not seek them out. Ignorance is bliss soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.