Subject: Question about extinguishing fires rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
"For each success he rolls, he may discard Fire from him space or a space he moves into later during the round."

What exactly does that mean? Is it saying the successes you roll are cumulative and whatever successes you haven't used for the round, if you move onto another space (by an means) that has fire, you can still put out the fire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarryAqua wrote:
"For each success he rolls, he may discard Fire from him space or a space he moves into later during the round."

What exactly does that mean? Is it saying the successes you roll are cumulative and whatever successes you haven't used for the round, if you move onto another space (by an means) that has fire, you can still put out the fire?

For example, if you roll 3 successes, you can extinguish the fire in the space you are currently in, plus two more spaces you move into later in the same round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Harlan

Oregon
msg tools
mb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
StarryAqua wrote:

For example, if you roll 3 successes, you can extinguish the fire in the space you are currently in, plus two more spaces you move into later in the same round.

Only slightly hijacking the topic. I don't have my rules near, but this implies that if you're the fire-putting-outest investigator out there, other investigators can push you around and you can make the spaces safe for the pusher to follow you in.

Is this how you read it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mxyzptlk wrote:
reverendunclebastard wrote:
StarryAqua wrote:

Only slightly hijacking the topic. I don't have my rules near, but this implies that if you're the fire-putting-outest investigator out there, other investigators can push you around and you can make the spaces safe for the pusher to follow you in.

Is this how you read it?

That seems to fit with the rules as written! Creative thinking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
If that's correct in what I assume upon creating this thread for clearance, then yes. Successes are cumulative and if you have any successes remaining in the round that you didn't use yet to put out fire, then yes, an investigator can push you into another space that contains fire, and using one of your remaining successes, put out the fire without taking damage.

But again, that's if what I naturally assumed upon creating this thread is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.