Subject: board components peeling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joe rogers

Mountain View
California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Don't know if anyone else had this issue, but I'm very delicate when it comes to the punching out game pieces. However on 2 of the variant board pieces I have corners that are lifting as if the glue did not hold, in looking. already had the time to play this game twice and I can only imagine I'll be playing this game a hundred times. My gaming group loves it, and I just want to protect it from becoming fully destroyed. Any suggestions in trying to glue these pieces down?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have not seen this, but time will tell. But if they're two of the terrain tiles, were they on the same punchboard? Is it possible you got one board with bad glue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
joerogerthat wrote:
Any suggestions in trying to glue these pieces down?

Check out the "A tile seperated during the punch out session" as there were some good tips in there.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23440935#23440935
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need any fancy glue. Regular white glue (Elmer's glue) works really well for repairing cardboard or wood.

I had a board with bad glue (or lack of glue). Ended up with 9 tokens - none of the tiles or standees - that had to be glued. I used a glue stick to adhere the paper back on.

I used the punch board scrap to squeeze any extra glue out (there wasn't much since the glue stick makes it easy to apply a thin coat). Then wipe the edges with a paper towel. You'd have to look close to notice the tokens were glued. And, it would be the ones that when punched ended up in two pieces that you'd notice. If it was just partially peeled up, then you should be able to glue and smooth that down without anything to notice.

If you only have an edge peeling up, then a dab of Elmer's glue will probably be easier to apply and stick down that edge. Again, if you still have the punch boards, I'd use them to pinch out the excess glue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe rogers

Mountain View
California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'm going to try some elmers acid free if I can find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.