Subject: Perils rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
Howdy,

I just re-read the rules and realize I played Perils wrong. It appears you can only roll dice corresponding to the attribute choice for the Peril. So if you choose the Agility option to attempt to defeat a Peril, you only roll Agility dice. You can't roll Strength and Magic dice and them convert them to black dice to assist you with the encounter. Also, even though the Peril boxes on the dungeon card are grey - you must still only use dice of the attribute color you're using for the Peril choice to fill these, since those are the only color dice you get to roll (plus black dice - see below). Is this correct?

I see that the rules mention you can use your heroic skill to add black dice, but can you also add black dice that you normally use for each encounter that you earned from levelling up (since it says they can be used for every encounter)? I'm thinking yes.

Also, I assume that you can't use any Strength or Agility skills that require you to spend rolled dice unless you're using that attribute method to defeat the Peril (can only spend Strength dice vs. a Strength option for a Peril) and you can't use spend Mana unless you are using a Magic choice to defeat a Peril.

Is this correct?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure which version of the game you're playing on -- perils have changed a bunch over the past 6 months.

You can only use skills on a Peril if the skill has a peril icon after its name. Most skills do not have one. This answers most of your questions I think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
The finished rulebook will be out soon, and will answer most of these questions also!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
Awesome! Thank you. I got the rules from the Kickstarter campaign comments section. I don't recall which version, but it seemed to indicate that you can only roll dice of the color that goes with the attribute you use to defeat the peril...so a much more limited dice pool than with combat encounters. I look forward to seeing the updated rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.