Subject: Having never gotten a copy of Cave Evil... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Cordell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will I be missing out on any essential gameplay without having obtained the original (which seems will never be reprinted)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Freeport
Illinois
flag msg tools
Where is Aerith?
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this was an expansion only not a standalone.. Which if true would mean you'd be missing out on the entire game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's both.

From the description:

Quote:
Cave Evil: Warcults is a stand alone game. Players who own Cave Evil can expand their game with Warcults. It can be played either as an individual game or as an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
It's both.

From the description:

Quote:
Cave Evil: Warcults is a stand alone game. Players who own Cave Evil can expand their game with Warcults. It can be played either as an individual game or as an expansion.

Right, exactly this. I know it's both a standalone and an expansion. From the description it says:

"Players who own Cave Evil have the liberty to play as only a Warlord, only a Necromancer or both.
Players who own Warcults will begin as a Warlord, but they will be able to connect each future Corroded Corridor to this issue."

I wish I knew what that meant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McLeod
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasixty wrote:
Will I be missing out on any essential gameplay without having obtained the original (which seems will never be reprinted)?

Nope! Play it as minimally or as massively as you want . . . standalone. Maybe some time later you can sniff out some other putrid eldritch vermin with the mythical original and join up dark forces to see them in action together!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Necromancers are the characters players use in Cave Evil. So if you have that, you can use them in Warlords.

Warlords are the characters players use in Warlords, and can be used in Cave Evil. The new cards, board tiles, etc in Warlords can be used to expand Cave Evil.

Either is a game on it's own, but components and aspects of the rules can be used together.

Corroded Corridors is the name of the new Folio pack games/game expansions that are being released. Warlords is the first of this new series. We don't know anything about later entries in the series yet, aside from that they can all be used together, in part or in whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Necromancers are the characters players use in Cave Evil. So if you have that, you can use them in Warlords.

Warlords are the characters players use in Warlords, and can be used in Cave Evil. The new cards, board tiles, etc in Warlords can be used to expand Cave Evil.

Either is a game on it's own, but components and aspects of the rules can be used together.

Corroded Corridors is the name of the new Folio pack games/game expansions that are being released. Warlords is the first of this new series. We don't know anything about later entries in the series yet, aside from that they can all be used together, in part or in whole.

Cool, thanks for clarifying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are very close to being done.

It is a Standalone, and can also expand. You have plenty here without ever expanding with CE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonblaster wrote:
We are very close to being done.

It is a Standalone, and can also expand. You have plenty here without ever expanding with CE.

Sweet. Pre-ordered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Allen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.