Douglas Fisher
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved McDonald's as a kid (this becomes relevant, I promise, you'll get used to my reviews - or just learn to ignore them). L-O-V-E-D McDonald's. But, you see, I was a picky eater. Not the best combination when McDonald's has a propensity to smear EVERY GOSH DARN CONDIMENT KNOWN TO ALL MANKIND upon their burgers. Some people love some special sauce (what the hell is special sauce?!) and people like kid me, well, I was fine with a little bit of ketchup - not too much, mind you. Because of that, my propensity was to get a plain burger and then add the ketchup myself.

Moving on. So, my mother was a sneaky woman. And on top of that, she was a frugal woman. She had indulged me for a while, purchasing copious quantities of McGoodness at my whims. Plain hamburger, small fries, side of ketchup, box of cookies (remember when they sold those?!). Sooner or later, though, the cost was adding up and the sneaky side took over. She could make McDonald's! Thin hamburger on a squashed bun, fries and cookies. Easy peasy.

Like I wouldn't notice!

Thing is, my mom was a good cook. So, while it was pretty clear that the food before me wasn't McDonald's, she'd dressed it up similarly (where'd she get the wrappers?), seasoned it just right, and it tasted pretty darn close.

You see, there was this game, Geister Geister Schatzsuchmeister (now Ghost Fightin' Treasure Hunters in an English version). A fun cooperative game where you collect treasure from a haunted house before the ghosts take over. And there's this other game from Mattel called Ghostbusters: Protect the Barrier. A fun cooperative game where you collect Paranormal Energy Devices from a haunted house before the ghosts take over. You see, it's mom cooking you McDonald's. More-or-less the same thing, but dressed up slightly differently, and a taste similar, but different enough to still be good on its own - even if you're truly a fan of McDonald's.

While we haven't seen the movie yet (the kids aren't fans of the big screen), we do enjoy this game, which is easy enough for them to grasp, and yet difficult enough for adults to play.

Verdict: When someone asks if you're a God, you say YES!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm at Mini-Wellycon - Oct 22 - 23, 2016
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also a fussy hamburger eater when young - thumbs up for your Mom's culinary and disguise skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.