Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Any plans for upgrades on the reprint....ie stock of paper used for the cards, player aids, tiles?
New player tokens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't commit to it but I am working on:

Natural wood color Treasure Chest meeples.
The UIs could be wrapped better and on a thicker material.
The rulesheets could be thicker but I'm worried about weight as it is. The box is just over 2 kilograms which has implications for shipping in the EU.
Clear bases for the standees.

We are doing another pass on the rules. This might be another pass on the player boards. I am going to try my hardest not to touch the cards.

I want to add an interaction cheat sheet and include that in the rules.

We will be doing a miniature campaign in November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:

Oh My !!!!!!

Can't wait for this. An Official FAQ would be welcome as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What are UIs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
What are UIs?

I suspect the player boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
I can't commit to it but I am working on:

Natural wood color Treasure Chest meeples.
The UIs could be wrapped better.
The rulesheets could be thicker but I'm worried about weight as it is. The box is just over 2 kilograms which has implications for shipping in the EU.
Clear bases for the standees.

We are doing another pass on the rules. This might be another pass on the player boards. I am going to try my hardest not to touch the cards.

Any chance of these possibly modified player boards being separately available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah UI is player board.

I ninja edited in an interaction cheat sheet which the developer has been tasked with.

I would love to do a side printing of the changed materials so people can upgrade but I don't know how to do that without making early adopters angry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:

- Natural wood color Treasure Chest meeples.
- Clear bases for the standees.

My thoughts:

- I like the yellow on the Treasure Chest, but it could be a lot smaller.
- Clear, low-profile bases would be great.
- Gray colored vault meeples would also be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the vaults were supposed to be grey and thin and the goblin discs can be thicker so you can count them from across the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:

I would love to do a side printing of the changed materials so people can upgrade but I don't know how to do that without making early adopters angry.

I think early adopters would be more upset if they didn't have a way to upgrade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Lowden025 wrote:
galagaew wrote:
GreenM wrote:

I think early adopters would be more upset if they didn't have a way to upgrade :D

Yeah. It's not that other's got an upgraded version that sticks on ones craw..it's that you can't upgrade too.

I think what he meant was how to do one without involving too much cost to the early adopters who might be unhappy to have to pay $xxx amount more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
Design a mini expansion where the old components can be used and I'd buy an upgrade kit in a heartbeat. (I'd probably buy it no matter what.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GreenM wrote:

This makes me a little nervous. Miniatures are an AWESOME idea, but I definitely don't have the funds to purchase something that only cosmetically changes the game. I fear that, as a campaign, you'll be tempted to add in stretch goals that expand the main game (such as previously mentioned alternate Knights) and kinda leave people like me out in the cold on a cool addition to the game beyond the minis. Can you abate my fears, please? =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope just miniatures. Maybe more miniatures for stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
People who understand what early adopter means shouldn't have a problem with this. Others won't be happy either way.
As an early adopter I would be OK to buy upgraded components. (Esp. as part of the minis campaign. The one thing I don't like to pay for three times is shipping )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmgergo wrote:
GreenM wrote:
People who understand what early adopter means shouldn't have a problem with this. Others won't be happy either way.
As an early adopter I would be OK to buy upgraded components. (Esp. as part of the minis campaign. The one thing I don't like to pay for three times is shipping )

I second this!
The only bitch in this story is shipping. So it'd be great if we can order 2nd edition components with the miniatures
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diederik wrote:
tmgergo wrote:
GreenM wrote:

I second this!
The only bitch in this story is shipping. So it'd be great if we can order 2nd edition components with the miniatures

Agree. If it's an add-on as part of the mini campaign, that'd be great. Basically, regular mini pledge level and mini + upgraded components pledge level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:

Probably best be done with the KS of a future expansion to save on shipping costs. Personally I'd not bundle this with the miniatures KS as that one probably has a very small shipping size AND won't interest all early adopters. A better place would probably be the next true expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:

Please do not worry about that. You can't please everybody all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Jo
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:

Oh, please make them available as side purchases! That would be so appreciated. This isn't being said in a snarky tone by any means, but I didn't realize that the game was going to be improved upon when I bought it at Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Amos
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people aren't going to be happy that you are upgrading things so soon but I think people will be more pissed if you can't purchase the upgraded components rather than if you can. I know I would support the purchase of upgraded components, if reasonably priced and bundled in a Kickstarter, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have any problems if the second printing has some improvements. I know how much work has gone into the first printing and I am very happy with what I got, which is much better than I expected when I first backed.

I will be happy to buy an upgrade kit if reasonably priced.

I will be disappointed if no upgrade kit is available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Clark
msg tools
I just received the game and am very happy with the component quality.I regret not backing this before and look forward to a miniature campaign. I'm in love with the art. Can't wait to get this to the table. Great work!

I would also be interested in any upgrades you might plan especially the rework of the rule book or cheat sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
manu d
Germany
flag msg tools
So... do you think there will be an option during the miniature campaign to pledge a little more and get minis AND game? It would save shipping and if I knew that was possible I'd rather wait for the kickstarter miniature campaign then pre-order the second printing right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flying_neko wrote:
I don't have any problems if the second printing has some improvements. I know how much work has gone into the first printing and I am very happy with what I got, which is much better than I expected when I first backed.

I will be happy to buy an upgrade kit if reasonably priced.

I will be disappointed if no upgrade kit is available.

This summarises how I feel too. If upgraded components are an option, I'm positive people will buy them. They could even be sold on the BGG Store perhaps?

Personally, I have already laminated my player aids, and replaced the token bases with the clear ones from FFG, so upgrades aren't really imperative, but I'm still interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.