Popular Tags: [View All]
Logan Holman
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sent multiple trade requests and I rarely receive any response. Just an expired trade request.

Is there a secret to receiving responses to my trade requests?

I feel like my offers are respectable. I'm usually looking to offer multiple games for one in return (I need to thin the herd a bit at home. The collection is getting a bit unruly)

In that spirit, if anyone is looking to get rid of Star Wars: Imperial Assault...let me know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
it's a faq, see

http://tinyurl.com/traderquests

loganholman wrote:
I have sent multiple trade requests and I rarely receive any response. Just an expired trade request.

Is there a secret to receiving responses to my trade requests?

I feel like my offers are respectable. I'm usually looking to offer multiple games for one in return (I need to thin the herd a bit at home. The collection is getting a bit unruly)

In that spirit, if anyone is looking to get rid of Star Wars: Imperial Assault...let me know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me I just assume it's because most of what I'm looking for are obscure game parts vs. whole games (e.g. I'm looking for certain Mage Knight clix from years ago, with some assorted leftovers from other games as trading stock).

+1 on joining math trades or using auctions, vs. the Trades forum or Trades list in Collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Math Trades. Great fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rodrick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be in part because you are offering multiple games for one game. As a frequent trader I can tell you that I am seldom if ever looking to get multiple games in trade for one game. Many of us are in the same situation as you and are not looking to increase our number of games.

Two other things to check are the trade rating which is basically the number of trades a BGGer has made. Someone with few or no trades is less likely to be actively looking for trades. The second thing is the last time the potential trade partner was on BGG. This should give you an idea of how much time you need for them to get your proposal. If you gave them three days to respond and they are only on once a week they may never see the proposal when it is active.

Having said all that, I think most active traders are pretty good about responding even if it is just to say no thanks. If you're not getting any responses it may be because the trade offers are going to non-traders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.