Hide
12 Posts

Pandemic Iberia» Forums » General

Subject: sold out at publisher? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao Vieira
msg tools
According to this article the game is sold out at publisher before release. What does that even mean?

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/35333/pandemic-the-cure-e...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
It means they're doing ONE print run.

And they have sold that entire print run to distributors already. How many have been sold to retailers already is unknown and probably depends on how many are going to the big box stores.

Since the run is 55k according to that article, it might not be as rare as "need to go pre-order right now" in order to get one, but don't cry later if you can't find a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered from my fave online retailer since I knew it was a limited print run. About a month ago I went to double check my account and noticed that pre-orders for this online retailer are sold out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope this can in no way effect my preorder. Looking forward very much to this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted anderson
United States
southington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can already hear the eBay vultures closing in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
debwentworth wrote:
Hope this can in no way effect my preorder. Looking forward very much to this game!

It shouldn't. If you pre-ordered then one of those "sold out" copies is yours.

Whether there will be more for those that didn't pre-order remains to be seen. I'd imagine that most store would order more than they needed. As a real simple example if they got a pre-order for 7 games they ordered 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hatch
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know.

I don't usually preorder since I don't like having an entire order held up just because a single item had a delayed release. And it turns out my preferred store for board games didn't have any available. Fortunately my second choice did and I was able to add a game that I've been considering getting for a while that made it just 48 cents over the threshold for free shipping.

I see that Amazon is doing their usual thing where partners that are overcharging still have it in stock. (Edit: Well, have preorders that aren't spoken for, that is.)

I suspect on release we'll also see some copies show up at brick and mortar stores that carry the original Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They said this would be a limited release from the beginning. I'm not surprised that they sold out the pre-orders.
I certainly hope they don't decide to do another print run, part of the perceived value is going to be the rarity.
If you're going to be at the Worlds in Barcelona I'm sure you're going to be able to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hoepfully lucky, I didn't realise it was only one print run until 2 days ago thanks to BGG.

Local retailer has it for pre-order and is very keen it'll be actually available.

Lets see if its all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus has about 50 preorders left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered at Cardhaus last night. It looks like they have 9 left right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought mine on Amazon, I paid through the nose for it. I hope it's worth it, I really like what I have seen so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.