Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are unclear to me when the neutral claims a route.
Quote:

If a trade route is entirely occupied with neutral traders, it will be established immediately (within the active player‘s turn). The active player places a neutral Kontor in an adjacent city, and prestige points are payed. Neutral traders occupy the next available house in a city irrespective from it‘s colour (Privilegium) or shape (Merchant).

So far so good.

Quote:
The remaining traders are removed from the game board – if the trade route doesn‘t lead to city with special capabilities: In this case, one trader remains on the trade route again.

What? The "If ... not ... this case" has me flummoxed. I get that in one case (a special city or not) one trader remains, but I'm not sure which case it is. I'm guessing special city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
The rules translation is poorly worded, but you are correct. All remaining neutral traders are removed from the route if it only leads to generic cities. If it leads to any special cities, one trader remains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Coca Fernández
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankler wrote:
The rules are unclear to me when the neutral claims a route.
Quote:

If a trade route is entirely occupied with neutral traders, it will be established immediately (within the active player‘s turn). The active player places a neutral Kontor in an adjacent city, and prestige points are payed. Neutral traders occupy the next available house in a city irrespective from it‘s colour (Privilegium) or shape (Merchant).

I have a doubt about this. Which is the correct order?
A)1.- The active player places a neutral Kontor in an adjacent city and,
2.- Prestige points are payed.

Or otherwise
B) 1.- Prestige points are payed and,
2.- The active player places a neutral Kontor in an adjacent city.

From my point of view, B) is the correct one, because in this way is similar a Hansa Teutonica where after claiming a route:
1.- Points are payed, i.e. players who control a city win points and,
2.- Players placed a kontor in and adjacent city

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm not seeing how the order makes a difference. Can you explain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
BennyD wrote:
I'm not seeing how the order makes a difference. Can you explain?

Points are normally awarded to those who control the cities at each end of the completed route - before the kontor for completing the route is placed. The kontor often changes who controls the city.

I presume the intent is for points to be awarded normally, before the kontor is placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Ah, right, and the neutral kontor can change who has control. My assumption would also be that the steps are done in the same as order as when players complete a route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.