$35.00
Is this going to affect gameplay in any way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
so your Flaws are flawed?

I suppose it potentially makes the game slightly easier, since if there are no Flaws in the Flaw deck, you get to ignore whatever effect calls for them. However, I'm guessing it will be rather rare for all 18 Flaws to be needed at once (let alone all 20). (perhaps in a 5-player game with a flaw-heavy episode). and since the Flaw card returns to the Flaw deck as soon as it takes effect (start of Action phase on that player's turn, or immediately if drawn mid-ActionPhase), the shortage shouldn't last too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DeckOfManyThings wrote:
Is this going to affect gameplay in any way?

Contact the company. They'll probably get you your cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Email QA@upperdeck.com with your mailing address and the name of the product and which cards you are missing. They'll mail you replacements in a couple weeks, probably. In the meantime, I would have no qualms playing the game with only 18 Flaw cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I just wanted to ask if there are issues with missing cards like in case of Legendary Alien where there were lots of copies missing a significant number of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
You may also need to provide a copy or scan of your receipt. I was asked for it when I was shorted a card in the Fear Itself LE expansion. What they would have done if I couldn't provide it, I don't know. I don't know why someone would lie about it just to get one or two cards, particularly relatively common ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They had no problem replacing the card. 2 to 10 weeks expected delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're lucky. I'm missing 6 cards from 5 episodes, which makes the game harder if we play those episodes...

Our Mrs. Reynolds - 8 of 10
Objects in Space - 11 of 12
Trash - 11 of 12
Jaynestown - 10 of 11
Bushwhacked- 9 of 10

Not sure yet which ones I'm missing, but I'm less than impressed with their Quality Control.

Weird thing is I have exactly 500 cards and all the other decks match their stated totals in the rulebook. The box says 500 playable cards. The book says 506 if you add up each deck. Pretty disappointed right now as I sleeved all of them, making it a real pain to return it (bought on Amazon) and the replacement might be missing cards as well.

2-10 weeks is wholly unacceptable! I'm tired of companies having my money for weeks before I get a fully functioning product (awaiting a replacement of a missing card for another game for over a month now - last communication from them stated they'd ship it the 3rd week in August when they get their reprints). Still waiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shadow4ce wrote:
You're lucky. I'm missing 6 cards from 5 episodes, which makes the game harder if we play those episodes...

Our Mrs. Reynolds - 8 of 10
Objects in Space - 11 of 12
Trash - 11 of 12
Jaynestown - 10 of 11
Bushwhacked- 9 of 10

Not sure yet which ones I'm missing, but I'm less than impressed with their Quality Control.

Weird thing is I have exactly 500 cards and all the other decks match their stated totals in the rulebook. The box says 500 playable cards. The book says 506 if you add up each deck.

My guess is that you mistakenly pulled the 6 episode-specific ship strikes from their respective episode decks and put them in the ship strike deck.

There are 6 of those strikes (they have episode designations on the bottom), and they match up exactly with the "missing cards" you described. Plus the Ship Strike deck should only have 20 cards in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Our Mrs. Reynolds - 8 of 10 + 2 "Controls Jammed"
Objects in Space - 11 of 12 + 1 "Cabin Controls Locked"
Trash - 11 of 12 + 1 "Sabotage Grav-Dampener"
Jaynestown - 10 of 11 + 1 "Landlock"
Bushwhacked- 9 of 10 + 1 "Booby Trap"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
Our Mrs. Reynolds - 8 of 10 + 2 "Controls Jammed"
Objects in Space - 11 of 12 + 1 "Cabin Controls Locked"
Trash - 11 of 12 + 1 "Sabotage Grav-Dampener"
Jaynestown - 10 of 11 + 1 "Landlock"
Bushwhacked- 9 of 10 + 1 "Booby Trap"

You are exactly correct sir! And that is what I get for having my buddy read the rules whilst my wife sorted the cards and me and another buddy sleeved them. Would have saved us 45-60 minutes of rechecking every sleeved card to see if any were stuck together, lol. Which would have allowed us to finish the game before our FLGS closed.

But hey, I feel way better now. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.