Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this was pretty cool:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/trump-proves-marksman-skill...

Hoplophobes beware -- there be gun talk there!

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, a Trump supporter claims he can shoot goodwell and Trump of all people TRUMP doesn't allow pictures to be taken down on the range, or come back with the targets to prove his gun-penis cred.

Yeah, nice fluff piece for the fans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Heh, a Trump supporter claims he can shoot goodwell and Trump of all people TRUMP doesn't allow pictures to be taken down on the range, or come back with the targets to prove his gun-penis cred.

He probably looked as ridiculous as Dukakis in the tank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Manvel
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Big whoop. Kim Jong-il once shot a 34 for eighteen holes of golf, including an amazing eleven holes-in-one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Erik17 wrote:
Big whoop. Kim Jong-il once shot a 34 for eighteen holes of golf, including an amazing eleven holes-in-one!

And that was just his first time playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes Ferret he shot a gun so he's just like you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

Or completely legit. If I were just getting in some practice time I wouldn't really want cameras and such either.

But haters gonna hate, so as you wish....

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

He probably looked as ridiculous as Dukakis in the tank

NOBODY could look THAT ridiculous....

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
yes Ferret he shot a gun so he's just like you

Well it's odd I didn't say that -- lots of folks shoot who aren't like me.

But hey, if that's what you want to believe I'm grooving for you!

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure they weren't allowed to take photos so the guns wouldn't look so small in his huge hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yawn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One wonders why, if Trump indeed wants to cater to the gun crowd, he would not actually sanction and desire photos of himself mixing it up with the people, and the guns. There is no legitimate reason I can think of, to withold press on this "important" event. If a Presidential candidate visit is deemed un-pressworthy, there is something they want to hide, or surpess, possibly because they are embarassed that the press may play wrong with the general public. This is the Republican version of "show me those Wall Street transcripts".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
So what? I shoot pretty well, go to the range once a month, yet I wouldn't waste my piss on the NRA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
So what? I shoot pretty well, go to the range once a month, yet I wouldn't waste my piss on the NRA.

You're not running for President of the United States. And if he touts his relationship with them and 2nd amendment fanatics, why lose the opprotunity to be photographed with them, in a very public way? Something stinks here, and it's not the fish on the dinner table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

Ferret
Why is it cool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

You're not running for President of the United States. And if he touts his relationship with them and 2nd amendment fanatics, why lose the opprotunity to be photographed with them, in a very public way? Something stinks here, and it's not the fish on the dinner table.
It does not appear to have been a campaign event, but rather some private thing.

Not really any story here of any kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:
I'm sure they weren't allowed to take photos so the guns wouldn't look so small in his huge hands.

Aha! Hadn't thought of that....

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
abadolato01 wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Paranoid much? Sure, he didn't get photographed, but he was there, the event went public. He's trying not to give the Clinton campaign a photo of him shooting a gun but he wanted to connect with gun owners. Jeez, it ain't that complicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Ferret
Why is it cool?

IMO one reason it's cool because it's a presidential candidate who actually can handle a firearm well. It really should be a requirement for office...I'll have to have the Founders fix that once I get my time machine up and running.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
One wonders why, if Trump indeed wants to cater to the gun crowd, he would not actually sanction and desire photos of himself mixing it up with the people, and the guns. There is no legitimate reason I can think of, to withold press on this "important" event. If a Presidential candidate visit is deemed un-pressworthy, there is something they want to hide, or surpess, possibly because they are embarassed that the press may play wrong with the general public. This is the Republican version of "show me those Wall Street transcripts".

Indeed.

http://www.thenationalherald.com/133999/?doing_wp_cron=14719...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Ferret
Why is it cool?

IMO one reason it's cool because it's a presidential candidate who actually can handle a firearm well. It really should be a requirement for office...I'll have to have the Founders fix that once I get my time machine up and running.

Ferret
Did you think Kerry was cool?

How about Obama?

Also we have no proof of his claim.

In fact I wonder just how many candidates shoot

http://www.weeklystandard.com/clinton-once-touted-her-own-ex...

Clinton it appears for one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Paranoid much? Sure, he didn't get photographed, but he was there, the event went public. He's trying not to give the Clinton campaign a photo of him shooting a gun but he wanted to connect with gun owners. Jeez, it ain't that complicated.

You miss my point completely. If he is proud of his relationship with the NRA, and proud to be a gun-toter, why would he be afraid of giving Clinton a pic of him shooting a gun??!! Either you are proud to shoot a gun, and don't care about being photographed doing so, or you are "afraid" it might send the wrong message to some voters. You can't have your cake and eat it too. No photos were taken because it would be fodder for the press, but it's hypocrisy to claim that you are all for the NRA and gun toters, then be afraid to be photographed with them, or as one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Interesting - assuming photo is not reversed† he is a left-handed, left-eye shooter*.
I'm not going to call him sinister shake, oh no!

* which almost certainly means that he has been professionally taught by someone who treated him as an individual.

† and given the location of the watch it is unlikely to be reversed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik17 wrote:

Iron cores in balls combined with strategically placed electromagnets really helps your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
andyholt wrote:

Interesting - assuming photo is not reversed† he is a left-handed, left-eye shooter*.

Obama is a lefty. I read somewhere that five of the last six presidents have been left-handed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.