So Colloretto is a great game........BUT I personally find it gets a bit boring once you have played it a bunch.
Its also a great because its portable and I can introduce it to friends and family and its fun for them........just not for me!
I know I will make my own expansion!
Here it is so far
Coloretto the Tokens expansion
The Game plays like normal except a token is added to each row card at the start of each round these tokens provided special powers and additional scoring methods for the game.
As of right know there are 7 different kinds of tokens they are,
1. Swap a card token x3, this token allows a player on there turn to swap one of there already collected cards with somebody else's already collected card (it CANNOT be a wild)
2. Look at the top three cards and keep one token x3, This triggers as soon as it is collected by the player, it allows them to look at the top three cards of the deck and keep one if they wish. then they put the other two cards back on top of the deck in any order (a player cannot take a wild in this way)
3. Negative one point token x3,.......its negative one point at the end of the game
4. fly tokens, some with two flies x4, some with one x13, these tokens are collected like normal and score points at the end of the game
Most flies: 3 points
2nd most:2 points
No flies: -1 point (because your Chameleons are sad!)
5. Spider tokens x3, These tokens are each worth -2 points and eat half your flies rounding up! but is you can collect all 3 of them they are instead worth positive 7 points as a set! (your flies are eaten as soon as you take the token)
6. Interrupt grab a token token x3, these tokens allow you to grab another token out of or during your turn, you CANNOT grab another Interrupt grab a token token with this token!
7. Interrupt grab a row token x3, same as another interrupt token except you may grab a row of cards out of turn
Well that's it let me know what you guys think I have gotten one playtest in and it works pritty good, the interrupt tokens need to have more specific timing rules and the games needs more tokens!
Thanks for taking the time to look at my idea!
Sound like some great ideas here, Ben! Have you mocked up any prototype tokens for this? I'd be willing to give them a go...