Subject: EuroQuest 2016 - November 2-6 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norman Rule
msg tools
badge
mbmb
EuroQuest is Coming!

Ok, now that we have the obligatory Game of Thrones reference out of the way, it’s time to tell you the important news… EuroQuest IS coming! (www.euroquestcon.com)

From November 2 to through November 6, 2016, in Pikesville, MD, join us for five days of strong tournament play, a large open gaming area, access to the hottest new Essen titles before you can buy them (AND a chance to win them!), plaques, team tournament, miniatures, war games, math trade and an auction store!

Pre-registration for all five days can be had for $45, that’s $9 a day for some of the best gaming in the area. Pre-reg info can be found here: http://www.euroquestcon.com/index.php/home/register-now/
Single day pricing (Wednesday-Saturday) is $15/day. (At the door pricing for all five days is $65… so pre-register and save the money to buy more games!)

The convention will once again be held at the Doubletree Pikesville (www.pikesville.hilton.com). Room information will be posted shortly, but our hotel block is now open, so you can lock in your room and save yourself even more money! Visit the hotel website at http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/maryland/doubletree-... and use reservation code GCM.

As always, we will have a busy tournament schedule, including:
meeple 7 Wonders
meeple Agricola
meeple Carcassonne
meeple Castles of Burgundy
meeple Egizia
meeple Lords of Waterdeep
meeple Power Grid
meeple Puerto Rico
meeple Ra
meeple Russian Railroads
meeple Settlers of Catan
meeple Splendor
meeple Saint Petersburg
meeple Stone Age
meeple Thurn und Taxis
meeple Ticket to Ride
meeple Tzolk’in
meeple And introducing Castles of Mad King Ludwig!

In addition to our regular tournament play, EuroQuest is the proud home of the Siegelman Trophy for the best all-around player, with points being awarded for playing games in the tournament and wild card event.

As always, your help is needed to make EuroQuest a success. We are looking for volunteers to help with registration, set-up, tear-down and everything in between. If you want to help, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator (Jack Ridgeway) by email at jackridgeway@comcast.net. If you sign up and work 8 hours at registration this year, you can earn a free convention membership for 2017!

We’ll see you in November!

The EuroQuest Team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there really a math trade this year? Couldn't find information beyond the link to the OLWLG wiki on the Geek.

Is there only 5 day pricing? What about for people that can only make one day? or the weekend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcy Morelli
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pre-register for only 1 day. Here's the rates:

Any One Day (Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat) – $15.
Sunday – $10

Math Trade info should be up soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Math Trade lists are now up on BGG and the EQ Website.

It may take a few days to become active in the OLWLG.

EuroQuest 2016 No-Ship Math Trade (Pikesville, Maryland, November 5, 2016)
EuroQuest 2016 No-Ship Math Trade (Request List)
EuroQuest 2016 No-Ship Math Trade (Pikesville, MD, Nov 5 2016) (Discussion)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone speak to how/what kids can do at EuroQuest? My daughter is 10 and a good gamer, she's played in some WBC tournaments but mostly the kids tourneys. Are there other kids? Would she be accepted to play lighter games such as Splendor, Catan, and Ticket to Ride?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Freeman
United States
Richboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've brought my older son (12) for three years already and my younger son (9) came for the first time last year. They were able to open game for free, so I did not register them. I hadn't decided on whether to register them this year so they can play in tournaments, but will probably lean against it, since we are only there Friday/Saturday. They primarily have just open gamed with me and my father, but have occasionally gamed with other kids that are there and/or friends of mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
efreeman wrote:
...I hadn't decided on whether to register them this year so they can play in tournaments, but will probably lean against it, since we are only there Friday/Saturday...

Eric...

If I come (and that's up in the air) it will probably only be for Saturday. Registering for the tournaments for me and her would mostly just be for playing the games, not winning anything.

Anyway, I know for a fact that your boys are exceptional gamers so don't be afraid to let them try swimming in the deep end.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll see you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcarvin wrote:
Can anyone speak to how/what kids can do at EuroQuest? My daughter is 10 and a good gamer, she's played in some WBC tournaments but mostly the kids tourneys. Are there other kids? Would she be accepted to play lighter games such as Splendor, Catan, and Ticket to Ride?

My kids have been playing in the EuroQuest tournaments for years now. The age isn't the litmus test as we parents know. The question is simply "is the child mature enough to play the game(s) in question independently without a parent at the table?"

My kids have had nothing but good experiences. But they need to be able to pass that simple hurdle above. They will be at a table of friendly strangers who are happy to play with anyon, and expect everyone to know the rules of the game.

Also just for those new to this convention, the "registration" being discussed above is in reference to which badge to buy for a Junior gamer. There is no registration (for any aged players) needed for tournament games, it is completely casual. Just stroll up at game time and you'll be assigned to a table thumbsup

Jim, I know you from WBC. EQ is pretty much identical except at a much smaller scale. So a sprinkling of youngsters among the tables at tourney games. Your daughter will fit in great. Hope you decide to make the trip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just preregistered and looking forward to the convention! Castle of mad king tourney, sign me up. Love that game. I think I played like 5 times last year's convention. Then, trying to win puffington billy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Derwood
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
With my own Congress of Gamers convention behind me now, I can go and play, play, play instead of work, work, work. Yeah!!

Now, off to the math trading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Play2Win and Essen games lists are up on the website and should be mostly complete at this point.

http://www.euroquestcon.com/index.php/eq-presents/play-to-wi...
http://www.euroquestcon.com/index.php/eq-presents/essen-game...

If you are interested in demoing any of these games, please let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jeff, is there anything about the auction store yet or did I just miss that somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All the info should be up on the website under Euroquest presents.

http://www.euroquestcon.com/index.php/eq-presents/bring-and-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Cole
United States
Towson
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Escape Velocity Games! Yay!
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there on Friday (Nov. 4) with Les Misérables: Eve of Rebellion to help promote the Kickstarter (http://bit.ly/LesMisCardGame). Nick Ferris, the designer, will be with me that evening to help show it. Nick may also be around on Saturday if you don't catch us on Friday. Stop by to play or just say hi!

Steve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shafer
msg tools
Read the word euroquest about 6 times before my brain realized it wasn't Everquest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In the time of darkest defeat victory may be nearest
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
hello euroquest

I have some extra games that aren't getting played so i should just try to get rid of them. I can bring them to Euroquest if you wish to trade for them send a message and we can work it out they can also just be sold. I put them in the list here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/216425/item/5001274#item5...

thanks see you at the con

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EuroQuest wrote:

As always, we will have a busy tournament schedule, including:
meeple 7 Wonders
meeple Agricola
meeple Carcassonne
meeple Castles of Burgundy
meeple Egizia
meeple Lords of Waterdeep
meeple Power Grid
meeple Puerto Rico
meeple Ra
meeple Russian Railroads
meeple Settlers of Catan
meeple Splendor
meeple Saint Petersburg
meeple Stone Age
meeple Thurn und Taxis
meeple Ticket to Ride
meeple Tzolk’in
meeple And introducing Castles of Mad King Ludwig!

Sad to see Race For The Galaxy is still gone for good. I'm assuming ditto for the Wild Card. OTOH, Eminent Domain got upstaged so... still sad, but "eh", it is what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.