United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys!

With the new reprint being put together, we'd like to hear if any of you have suggestions on the rules. Were there any rules that needed clarification? Was there anything that confused you?

We're already looking through the forums here and taking anything talked about previously into consideration.

If you think the rules were great as they were, let us know that too Thanks for your help guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smiley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Love this game! Rules were straight-forward and easy to follow. A great family game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a teaching guide someone made in the files section ... It's quite good. Maybe a 1-page player aid or teaching aid ... Or putting something like this on the very back page of the rukes book
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Uncther wrote:
Love this game! Rules were straight-forward and easy to follow. A great family game.

Awesome! Thanks Mark!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
telos81 wrote:
There is a teaching guide someone made in the files section ... It's quite good. Maybe a 1-page player aid or teaching aid ... Or putting something like this on the very back page of the rukes book

LOL Thanks, I made the teaching aid too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
telos81 wrote:

The item this document needs is to list how many ships people can have based on number of players. It's the one thing I always have to open the rulebook to look up using this.

edit: I also remove 5 trobil cards before adding city cards to help shorten the game a little, no matter how many players there are. The last rounds with all the cards seems to drag on more than it needs to. So hopefully the expansion won't add to game duration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Include the "Teaching The Game" sheet as a separate single page with the game. Side 1 could be "Teaching The Game" and Side 2 could be a "Quick Reference".

The Rulebook itself is fantastic. Very clean layout. The orderly instructions, and the "example of play" are well done.

This is an example of what a rulebook should be like. The first time we played this game, it took 5 minutes to read the book and then we were on our way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Wasn't there a typo in the number of one of the resources?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:
telos81 wrote:

The item this document needs is to list how many ships people can have based on number of players. It's the one thing I always have to open the rulebook to look up using this.

edit: I also remove 5 trobil cards before adding city cards to help shorten the game a little, no matter how many players there are. The last rounds with all the cards seems to drag on more than it needs to. So hopefully the expansion won't add to game duration.

Good point on the guide

A shorter game variant is a nice idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BigDumbYak wrote:
Include the "Teaching The Game" sheet as a separate single page with the game. Side 1 could be "Teaching The Game" and Side 2 could be a "Quick Reference".

The Rulebook itself is fantastic. Very clean layout. The orderly instructions, and the "example of play" are well done.

This is an example of what a rulebook should be like. The first time we played this game, it took 5 minutes to read the book and then we were on our way!

Thanks Kris! What if we put the teaching guide on the back of the rulebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sataranji wrote:
Wasn't there a typo in the number of one of the resources?

Two actually I'll definitely be checking the component counts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krakengames wrote:
BigDumbYak wrote:

Thanks Kris! What if we put the teaching guide on the back of the rulebook?

That would probably be better! If its all a part of the same book, then it will be less likely to get lost or damaged.

A player QuickRef would still be a good idea I think.
Something that integrates into the players play area would be a nice touch.
I may have some thoughts rolling around in my brainmeats... just need to shake them loose and catch them before they escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.