Subject: Wheres the hype? Any interest in this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher James
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Buffy is amazing and I've heard good things about this. But so few posts here =/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went out and preordered it today from the JASCO site.
Come on October 28th!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very excited. I was hoping just for a playable buffy game. But the reports out of gencon have been good. I've already preordered from my gaming store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I. Withnail
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you guess from my avatar ... ? Yep, I'll be getting it, excited to play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin S.
Belgium
Roeselare
W-VL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm also very excited, loved the old Buffy game (the good one)! Just wondering why there's no gameplay video to be found anywhere. Enough GenCon-videos with people talking about it, but I want to see how it works en what it looks like (in official photo's). If the game will be released in a month or two, Jasco should get the promotion going! Give us gameplay movies, official quality pictures, rules, etc …

Also gutted the publisher isn’t attending Spiel in Essen, Europe (Germany) has a huge Buffy-market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
If you eat your burrito over a tortilla, anything that falls out will simply start building your next burrito!
badge
The first rule of chess club; Hide from fight club.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested! Hope to get this by christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontus Olin
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an insta-buy for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eckberg
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At Gen Con I watched a demo being played and I picked the mind of the guy running it. The playable characters are Buffy, Giles, Williow, Xander, Angel, and Spike. The Big Bads are all there except the trio and dark Willow. They've been replaced with Caleb. The players fight against the big bad, three villians of the week, and various vampire and demon minions. There is an apocalypse track and if it ever fills up, game over. The players win or loose as a team, there is no player eliminations. If a player takes a wound it goes on the apocalypse track, it can be removed if healed. What can never be removed are the townies(Sunnydale residents). If they die they go on the track and stay there, but that shouldn't be a problem. Your the scooby gang, saving lives is an everyday thing for you. The one thing I didn't see but was told about is that the Gentleman are in the game. When they appear no one is allowed to speak or a token goes on the track for each time, better kill them quick. When Sweets comes out your only allowed to communicate by singing to each other. I loved what I saw and immediately pre-ordered a copy for myself. October 28th can't get here soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We couldn't show the game play because at the time our only working demo copies were being used by programmed gamers that had tickets to demo the game.

But we managed to have some stuff to show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome review! Thank you!

Also... expansions in the future! Oz, Tara...and so many more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lynnvander wrote:
Awesome review! Thank you!

Also... expansions in the future! ;) Oz, Tara...and so many more!

If it's a smash hit, I hope you guys consider minis. or a deluxe KS version, something. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin S.
Belgium
Roeselare
W-VL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Let's start with showing some basic gameplay video's and detailed artwork first; before dreaming about expansions .

Or get Rahdo to review the game, that should cover any doubts about the game, since he's always very enthusiastic and honest about the games he chooses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Buffy, but it's hard to get excited when we know next to nothing about the game.

Also, the video I saw where the guys said we needed to pre-order because they were only making a limited run because they weren't using Kickstarter rubbed me the wrong way. What if this game sucks? I have to buy it, sight unseen, and hope for the best? Why is not for sale at other online retailers?

If it's good, I definitely want it, but don't try to force/scare/trick me into buying it. The only thing I know about this company is that a lot of people said the Mega Man game sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinMask wrote:
The only thing I know about this company is that a lot of people said the Mega Man game sucks.

hah, glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that!

Likewise, I'm desperately hoping this is great. Crazy timing though, as there's the Legendary Buffy game now on the horizon too. Which funnily enough, sounds like it shares elements with the 'good' MB Games Buffy title (dark/light meter affecting vamps and good guys, etc). That game is more fun than people give it credit for, even solo.

So yep - hope we get to see some play throughs for this shortly, as well as rule set PDF and stuff.

Fingers crossed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was willing to jump in with very little information, so I went to pre-order it. But almost $24 shipping? I'll wait for it to hit stores. I mean that's more than half the price of the game. I'm not expecting free shipping or even cheap shipping when I order from a small publisher, but that's just out of control.

By comparison, I could pre-order this from Starlit Citadel in Canada for USD $34.15 and have it mailed for USD $11.16. Shipping from another country is less than 1/2 the price?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Mullineaux
United States
Fridley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried with FLGS, no ability to get it. Yup, shipping is crazy on this. Really want this but little info and pre-order seems pricey with mailing cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KevinMask wrote:
I love Buffy, but it's hard to get excited when we know next to nothing about the game.

Also, the video I saw where the guys said we needed to pre-order because they were only making a limited run because they weren't using Kickstarter rubbed me the wrong way. What if this game sucks? I have to buy it, sight unseen, and hope for the best? Why is not for sale at other online retailers?

If it's good, I definitely want it, but don't try to force/scare/trick me into buying it. The only thing I know about this company is that a lot of people said the Mega Man game sucks.

Yeah, this whole thing feels like a lazy cash grab. I love Buffy but I'm not touching this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

Yeah, this whole thing feels like a lazy cash grab. I love Buffy but I'm not touching this.

Unfortunately I am in the same boat. Unless something changes I'll probably miss this one which makes me sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll be honest - it's not even the exorbitant shipping that's putting me off the most... it's the fact that's there little to no information out there about the game itself. Or any meaningful updates from those involved. Apart from tales by convention attendees and a couple of videos, there's nothing out there.

Nada, zip, the big goose egg as Xander might say.

Hells, I'd probably have sorted a copy WITH the crazy shipping if I knew more about it, or at least, gone in with some other UK peeps.

Hope to hear some more about it soon, otherwise this one will slide away for me as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Brownell
United States
Twin Oaks
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manserfamily wrote:

I'll be honest - it's not even the exorbitant shipping that's putting me off the most... it's the fact that's there little to no information out there about the game itself. Or any meaningful updates from those involved. Apart from tales by convention attendees and a couple of videos, there's nothing out there.

Nada, zip, the big goose egg as Xander might say.

Hells, I'd probably have sorted a copy WITH the crazy shipping if I knew more about it, or at least, gone in with some other UK peeps.

Hope to hear some more about it soon, otherwise this one will slide away for me as well.

I asked them via Facebook message and here was the exchange:

Me: "Hey! Will any previews or the like be coming for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer board game ahead of release?"

Jasco: "That's a good question. We currently don't have any spoilers planned, but they would make great social media posts."

So...um...I don't know. I'm baffled that a company is releasing a game without trying to promote it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Hutchinson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I also messaged them on FB and they said they are a small company but are planning on putting out previews on social media "soon." I also mentioned the incredibly high shipping rates on a game we basically know nothing about and he said it should be available everywhere after they get it to the distributors which would take about a month by his estimations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Mullineaux
United States
Fridley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to order thru The Source here, so saved shipping. Try your FLGS and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Hutchinson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Oh nice! I live in Minneapolis so I could do that too, what was the price and when did they think it would arrive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Mullineaux
United States
Fridley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
39.99, but no idea on timeframe. I think pre Halloween was projected. I was really happy to save post and use Source discount card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.