Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Atlantis allow you to buy or gain Villains by offering its player a "go around" against the usual mode of "when buying or gaining a Villain , destroy them instead"?T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
No, Atlantis does not prevent Villains from being destroyed.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer. Sorry for the typos - I was using a laptop that somehow was toggled to prevent the use of backspace.

I actually ruled differently on this one, while playing Crisis 2, but it ended up not mattering (Crisis Nekron got us in the end). It ended up not mattering, but had I remembered that Crisis Nekron cannot even be beaten if you play a Villain from hand, I wouldn't have (mis-)used Atlantis to pick up Dr. Sivana and Granny Goodness.

On another note: I am thinking about tweaking Crisis 1 and Crisis 2 CRISIS cards to be "contribute" cards... it's a far less frustrating mechanic and makes Crisis 3 a much more enjoyable game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.