Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Are we missing out if we play a campaign with 3 only? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try as I might. I just can't find a 4th committed player to join the campaign consistently. So I'm considering soldiering on with 3 players. Other potential players were just not interested in direct conflict games.

Should I push through? I'm wary on missing out on the full experience. Or will 3 players be fine? Any tips on playing with 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game plays ok with 3. The only thing that you might want to do is to rotate the starting areas so that 2 players don't always start next to each other while the 3rd starts alone on the other side. It might make things a little unfair depending on the missions and things. The teleporters compensate for it a little, but rotating starting areas for each mission will help as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played mostly three player games, including one full core set campaign.

It plays fine with three, just rotate like Ender said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Ljubljana - Šentvid
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we played 5 campaign, with only 2 players and 1 campaig with 4 players.
With 2 players there is not so much battle betwen the guilds, everyone try to do both PvE quest, and by the way you kill the hero from the other guild if there is a chance. And it is quite fast quest.

In 4 player game there is a lot of killing betwen the guilds, because PvP quest is a must.

In 3 is something in between I think. Just play like they said. Lets not always the same guilds star next to each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmb
We always are 3 player, and we have already played like 4 or 5 campaigns. It works very well. Perhaps, in some scenarios, it could be a minor disadvantage for one player as he/she will not have a "free space" close to him. Having said that I do not think that this would be very relevant. Not having played a 4 players game, I cannot compare, but 3 players game is excellent (and with the advantage of less downtime). So, my advice is that you should not hesitate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.