Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Miller
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first game of MoM 2nd edition and was very happy with it, even though we loss. (Ran out of time) Regardless, we were playing on my iPhone 6 Plus which just wasn't big enough. I've been considering buying an iPad for quite some time and I this game just adds another reason to my growing list.

I've been considering buying either an iPad Pro 12.9'' or 9.7''. I think the iPad Mini might be too small for the other activities I want to do with it but might be perfect for this game. But on the other side of things, I'd like to be able to pass the iPad around from player to player and the Pros might be too big.

Please help! If you are playing MoM on an iPad, Which screen size would you recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we certainly have no issues playing on an ipad mini. Nor do I have any troubles playing other board games on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the App on my Ipad mini, and it looks great on there.

Disclaimer: have not actually played a game of MOM2 yet....(have just got the game), but I am confident the mini is big enough to work well with the App.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played on an iPad Air and didn't have any problems. I forgot my charger so for the second game we had to play on an Android phone (about the size of an iPhone 6). That was ok because it is similar to reading cards for any other FFG game (like Eldritch Horror), but I would prefer the iPad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
For this game, the bigger the screen, the better, as far as I'm concerned. 12.9" iPad Pro all the way.

But I haven't upgraded from my iPad Air 2 yet just because I take my iPad with me everywhere and the Pro is just too big for practical use.

I've been using my 27" monitor & Steam for MoM. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've used an adapter to convert my ipad screen to the tv, it's great! Should work with an iphone as well no?

Edit: in our session I do the interaction with the app, while players make their choices on screen and read the lore. I pass them the Ipad for the puzzles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using wireless screencast to mirror the devices screen on a big TV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We run the app on a nexus 7. I wouldn't want to run it on anything smaller, just from the perspective of being able to navigate the app accurately without hitting the wrong thing. We also cast to a TV. Value of casting probably reduces a little bit on bigger tablets, but I'd think it's still nice to put up on a big screen so everyone can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
Im in two minds. I liek the idea of a big screen so everyone sees everything. But I also like the idea of just passing an ipad around the table so that the person next to the active player reads everything out to them. That way, everyone gets a turn using the app, but also it keeps everyone's focus on the board, as it is a board game. Just having it on a big screen draws attention away from the pieces.

I suppose you could do both. Hook up an ipad to a big screen, but still pass the ipad round so players can read the text aloud.

What's everyone's preferences?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to send the IPad screen to a PC monitor via HDMI? Even better, do it wirelessly? What sort of adapter would do the trick?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
I'll be using airplay to stream from iPad to 'big' tv via AppleTV and amplifier when playing in living room, 'big' screen & 'big' sound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
AppleTV!

If you don't have AppleTV I think you need wires..

Apple's Digital AV Adapter is perhaps the easiest and most straight-forward way to hook your iPad up to your HDTV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like people feel that any size iPad will do, so get the one that will work best for you in other uses. Personally, the two things I do more than anything on my iPad are read comics and watch video. For both of those, the iPad Pro is clearly the best. Comics are slightly shrunken on a regular iPad and I assume they're tiny on a mini. Likewise with video, the bigger the better as long as the device is manageable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.