Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crixtey
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So still relatively new to the game (But LOVE playing it)

I've been following the advice I saw in another post on here about how to really dig into the core set and get a better enjoyment out of it, and a deeper understanding of the game...

I've been playing through scenarios over and over, using the core decks to get a feel for their strengths and weaknesses and now am moving towards deck building and trying to understand the score system.

I understand that when you defeat an encounter card with victory points, we should set it aside for score keeping.

but what happens when we are forced to reshuffle the discard deck, or draw a certain card (like 3B in passage through mirkwood where you draw a spider card) Is the victory point stack essentially removed, and doesn't get reshuffled back into the encounter deck/ineligible for drawing a certain card when required to do so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused.

I thought if even one player gets through the entire scenario with at least one hero still standing, or even crawling the entire team wins. Otherwise the entire team loses.

But then I'm new too. I will subscribe just to see more informed answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crixtey
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No confusion necessarry, You are right about that! My question simply refers to the scoring system, and whether or not it affects reshuffles and search-and-draws. Nothing to do with winning or losing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards in the victory display does not get reshuffled into the encounter deck.
Since 3B tells you to search the encounter deck and discard for spiders, there is no way of returning a card from the victory display into play.

Barring a few special cases, cards in the victory display will stay there until the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned don't shuffle in the victory point pile for an encounter deck reshuffle.

This is actually important for certain quest that require a certain amount of victory points to progress or complete the scenario.

It also serves to allow certain difficult cards to be limited within the scenario because once you've killed two hill trolls for example you know you don't have to deal with more in the area. That and you wouldn't want lots of Nazgul flying around Dol Guldur would you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darby Harris
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the Nazgul from Escape from Dol Guldur doesn't actually have victory points, so it will keep coming back if you stay there too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anemone1777 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Nazgul from Escape from Dol Guldur doesn't actually have victory points, so it will keep coming back if you stay there too long.

You are indeed right! Wishful thinking and poor memory on my part!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.