11 Posts

Captain Sonar» Forums » General

Subject: Too much? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew W

Arizona
msg tools
Two guys walk into a bar, the third one ducks!
badge
That's it, that's the whole joke.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered this, I'm seriously considering picking up some sailor hats and two captain hats. I'm debating if that is too over the top. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langford
United Kingdom
Burntwood
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had my group of players sit with their bare feet in bowls of cold water and wear snorkelling masks....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"What do you mean sir?, you want to bring along two paste tables with you on your visit?, Please hold while I speak to the manager"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Lower Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark!
Where did you find the picture of my living room?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Lower Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mister Matched wrote:
Thoughts?

Two CAPTAIN baseball caps, two FIRST MATE baseball caps and two/four CREW baseball caps would be perfect. And that’s exactly what I’m going to order now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mister Matched wrote:
Just ordered this, I'm seriously considering picking up some sailor hats and two captain hats. I'm debating if that is too over the top. Thoughts?

I was going to do exactly the same! The crappy reviews of sailor hats on Amazon had me looking for alternatives though. Maybe I'll go with the baseball hats for First mate and crew. Or just go with 2 Captain's hats for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
Mister Matched wrote:

I was going to do exactly the same! The crappy reviews of sailor hats on Amazon had me looking for alternatives though. Maybe I'll go with the baseball hats for First mate and crew. Or just go with 2 Captain's hats for now.

I'm hanckering more towards a 1980's Bruce Willis style white "muscle top" with some fresh smeared grease down one side.
Apparantly the sweat comes free with this game - so at least that's covered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Lower Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are interested in the right background vocals:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jumpwalker wrote:

As a US Navy submarine veteran, I wish I could tell you this is what modern active SONAR sounds like. It isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy ZJ
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mister Matched wrote:

I'd probably just place them on the table and let players decide if they want to pick them up and wear them

I wear navy fatigues with submariner tabs and badges and play as a kind of referee (9th player) and play the trailer as well as the sonar ping background music. It's generally been a hit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee K.
msg tools
fastattaq wrote:
jumpwalker wrote:

As a US Navy submarine veteran, I wish I could tell you this is what modern active SONAR sounds like. It isn't.

Yeah, but you wouldn't be able to go through 5 minutes, let alone a full mission with THAT sound resonating through the hull!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.