5 Posts

Ghostbusters: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Levelling up too quickly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bård Holst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played through most of the first scenario of campaign 1 and Venkman had a very high XP already, 15. As I understand this carries over from scenario to scenario so this being the first game I saw myself having this guy at level 5 at the end of the second scenario. Is this normal? Levelling up so quickly?
I had Venkman shooting ghosts at close range so he would be slimed and had Stantz follow so he could get rid of the slime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
I played through most of the first scenario of campaign 1 and Venkman had a very high XP already, 15. As I understand this carries over from scenario to scenario so this being the first game I saw myself having this guy at level 5 at the end of the second scenario. Is this normal? Levelling up so quickly?
I had Venkman shooting ghosts at close range so he would be slimed and had Stantz follow so he could get rid of the slime.

It sounds like you leaned very heavily on Venkman, perhaps at the expense of the other Ghostbusters. What was the relative XP of the other three GB's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
Nusferatu wrote:

It sounds like you leaned very heavily on Venkman, perhaps at the expense of the other Ghostbusters. What was the relative XP of the other three GB's?

Might be....think I forgot to move the level 2 ghosts when I hit them as well, which would've made a difference as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, remembering to activate the abilities of ghosts can be a bit of a chore in the first few plays of the game.

I'd also like to mention that it is a very good idea to "farm" XP for the Ghostbusters in the early scenario missions, because it ensures that they'll each reach level 5 by the final mission. It's much easier to keep trapping ghosts in the first or second missions of a scenario than it is to try to make up for it in the fourth, which may also have a built-in time limit...

I try to have all of my GB's at level 2 or 3 before moving on to the second mission, when possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.