Hide
6 Posts

Sushi Go Party!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using more than one chopsticks / spoon in the same turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kuro Kokon
msg tools
If I have more than one chopsticks card and/or spoon card in my tableau, can I use several of them them in the same turn? (if I can, how and when should I call out?)
I guess you're supposed to use only one chopsticks or spoon per turn, but I couldn't find any mention of it in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a confusing one. When I looked at the card instructions at the back, it seemed like from the way they were worded, you could only use one Chopsticks per turn but as many Spoons as you wanted. This is because Spoon seemed like a singular instance but Chopsticks said it just let you draw two cards that turn. But when I looked at page 6, it seemed more like you could use as many of either as you wanted. I would simply instate your own house rules until there is an official ruling. You can certainly use one of each by the looks of things. Me, I would say only one Chopsticks and one Spoon per turn. The rulebook really makes no mention of saying the phrase twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Walker-Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only use 1 bonus action card (chopsticks or spoon) on a turn.

Apologies that the rules are a bit ambiguous on this. We will make it clearer in the next printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Phil81 wrote:
You can only use 1 bonus action card (chopsticks or spoon) on a turn.

Apologies that the rules are a bit ambiguous on this. We will make it clearer in the next printing.

Good to know! Thanks for the clear ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuro Kokon
msg tools
Thanks for the clarification.
I'm assuming that I can use a chopsticks or a spoon on the turn I picked an action card such as a menu, right?

Also please check this thread. We need an answer from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Kuro Kokon wrote:
Thanks for the clarification.
I'm assuming that I can use a chopsticks or a spoon on the turn I picked an action card such as a menu, right?

Also please check this thread. We need an answer from you.

Yes, a quick summary of the problem is that because Special Order reveals a choice, players could potentially keep re-deciding over and over again with no resolution. In the thread are a bunch of complicated ways to resolve the issue, but if you don't have one in mind, an easy one is to instate a rule that once you point to a card with a Special Order you can't take that move back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.