Subject: 250 Tribes. And counting. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I made it to 50. No, ladies and gentlemen, I am not talking about my age (yet). I am, however, referring to the number of FT games I have under my belt as of just now. That's right: fifty times Five Tribes. And there will be many more, especially with the great solo rules Bruno made available.

Granted, I have played more sessions of games such as Small World (which sparked my boardgaming hobby, many moons ago) and some fillers, but this is by far the lengthier (euro)game I have played the most. I have loved it dearly from the start (as I professed in my review) and still today, every single time I play it I take delight in its mechanics, its modular board, its art and the challenge it poses. And I always look forward to our next rendez-vous.

I. Adore. It.

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
Today I made it to 50. No, ladies and gentlemen, I am not talking about my age (yet). I am, however, referring to the number of FT games I have under my belt as of just now. That's right: fifty times Five Tribes. And there will be many more, especially with the great solo rules Bruno made available.

Granted, I have played more sessions of games such as Small World (which sparked my boardgaming hobby, many moons ago) and some fillers, but this is by far the lengthier (euro)game I have played the most. I have loved it dearly from the start (as I professed in my review) and still today, every single time I play it I take delight in its mechanics, its modular board, its art and the challenge it poses. And I always look forward to our next rendez-vous.

I. Adore. It.

kiss

Friend you are speaking my language! I too started this hobby by falling in love with Small World! And then I too find myself currently enamored with Five Tribes!

I feel like we will be good geek buddies.laugh Already I feel like you share my love for Abyss! Haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dyeyk2000 wrote:
AernoutMJC wrote:

I. Adore. It.

kiss

Friend you are speaking my language! I too started this hobby by falling in love with Small World! And then I too find myself currently enamored with Five Tribes!

I feel like we will be good geek buddies.laugh Already I feel like you share my love for Abyss! Haha.

HA! Well, I have only played Abyss sth like 30 times (the most memorable time was with somebody called Bruno Cathala)...
Should you ever find yourself in the Netherlands, we might be able to get a game going
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Orazio
United States
Pittsfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
My kind of gamers. Small World and Abyss are definitely high up on my list and Five Tribes is my all time favorite. I need to learn the solo rules, unfortunately I was never able to find anyone in my gaming group that enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
dyeyk2000 wrote:
AernoutMJC wrote:

I. Adore. It.

kiss

HA! Well, I have only played Abyss sth like 30 times (the most memorable time was with somebody called Bruno Cathala)...
Should you ever find yourself in the Netherlands, we might be able to get a game going

Haha wow! I met Bruno in Gen Con last year but wasn't able to play a game with him, but made sure I got tons of stuff signed! Haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
...great solo rules Bruno made available.

^That!^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Girts Perkons
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
Trying to be as honest as one can be!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5 Tribes & Abyss two of my favorite games! Yet to try solo tribes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.