13 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Fastest/stupidest ways you died? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
Last game, we set to finally try and beat the game! We failed last 6-7 times if I am not mistaken(although we played some things wrong and made things harder for us). So I set to make dream team, we picked charachters people voted to be strongest. I picked Kane, and was looking to gear up everyone. So long story short, I don't really remember how things went, but, I tryed to acquire some things, failed miserably. Then somehow monster appeared on my space, other girl investigator prevented that dmg with her ability. I was looking to escape from this spot, but guess what, I become delayed, gate spawned on my location and another monster appeared, some other bad things happened. I was alone, delayed surounded with monsters. Other combat investigators were too far away, only help that was clouse enough wasthat female investigator which was miserable as I in combat, if not more. So in game 2nd turn I died, failing to do single thing. Not to mention that friend of mine teeased me whole game about how useless I and fat politician were and so on, which was more than iritating.
We managed to win game, with only 1 card left in stack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zed
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fastest: first mythos was rumor involving getting clues, game over on turn 4

Stupidest: london was infested with 10+ monsters so me as silas went in there to die (too many impairments and conditions, dying would get me back in the game faster) ended up killing all but the last 2 monsters and went insane from it, Londong became relatively safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nereo Rotsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At a late stage of the game, we have moved three investigators to the same spot to kill an epic monster. At the end of the encounter, the investigators were quite damaged (only 2 point health), but the monster had only two points of resistance.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
One of the investigators was Silas, which had a paranoia condition. A recknoning happened, Silas failed and, in flipping the card, it said that in an attack of paranoia Silas inflicted 2 damage to all investigators in his case.

So, the other two investigators died. Silas went insane next turn. We lost the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Fastest death? My friend died to a monster in round one. As Jim Culver (the Musician) moved to a nearby monster to try and kill to close the gate. Cast shrivelling. Failed. Flip card. Immediately encounter monster. Fail everything. Have to fight it again in the encounter phase. Fail everything again and die. So yeah, that was the fastest death
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fastest and most memorable:

I was part of the beta test for MoM. The very first time we played with Wilson-the very first time he was ever used outside of the hallowed halls of FFG-was against Shub-Niggurath, 4 player game, and the first mystery was the Dunwich Horror. Wilson focused, pulled out his trusty blunderbuss, and one-shot killed the horror... though he took 2 sanity damage in the process.

Mythos did another 2 damage. He lived fast and died hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
Fastest death: Killed a monster on a gate, but lost a lot of sanity in the process. Went insane 10 seconds later in a failed Gate encounter.

Fastest loss: One of the rumors that causes game loss and the rumor that deals 6 damage to all investigators spawned in sequential turns. We never had a chance. We actually decided to "ignore" the game-ending rumor, just to finish a game night, and we still lost when three of the four players died as the other rumor popped, and the doom track went to zero, hailing the arrival of our new bestest-buddy, Azathoth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xelto wrote:

I was part of the beta test for MoM. The very first time we played with Wilson-the very first time he was ever used outside of the hallowed halls of FFG-was against Shub-Niggurath, 4 player game, and the first mystery was the Dunwich Horror. Wilson focused, pulled out his trusty blunderbuss, and one-shot killed the horror... though he took 2 sanity damage in the process.

During the beta, was Dunwich Horror a mystery for Shub-Niggurath??

Or were you playing with Dunwich Horror as the prelude?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:
Xelto wrote:

During the beta, was Dunwich Horror a mystery for Shub-Niggurath?

It was against Shubby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fastest death, turn 1, very bad encounter with a monster, followed by damage from the mythos card, result death. Loved it.
Fastest loss was I think turn 4 or 5, first turn rumor popped and made use lose the game. Just loved it.
Those are the memorable games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not so dumb I got a thumb But on the phone Apposable But in re-dealing on the daily road Superiority is nothing but A friendly man with monkey hands A friendly mom with monkey pawns
mbmbmbmbmb
Xelto wrote:
He lived fast and died hard.
Sounds like a case of living hard and dying fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Nereo wrote:
At a late stage of the game, we have moved three investigators to the same spot to kill an epic monster. At the end of the encounter, the investigators were quite damaged (only 2 point health), but the monster had only two points of resistance. One of the investigators was Silas, which had a paranoia condition. A recknoning happened, Silas failed and, in flipping the card, it said that in an attack of paranoia Silas inflicted 2 damage to all investigators in his case. So, the other two investigators died. Silas went insane next turn. We lost the game.

Can you please spoiler-alert us in advance the next time you publicly reveal the hidden text of a card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
So, I'm playing against Syzygy. Agnes Baker has just nobly sacrificed herself to defeat the Crawling Chaos (that is, she expended everything she had to take it down and went mad on the next Mythos phase)--a worthwhile sacrifice, too, since between the Rumour's effects and the Relics of the Ancient World Mystery, I no longer had enough Clues to keep it from moving.

So, it's time to choose a replacement. Well, the current Mystery is Fortifying the Barrier, so I need someone who can get to the Mystic Ruins in Stonehenge. Trouble is, London is swarming with monsters, including two Cultists powered up by the two tokens on the Omen track.

I decide Diana Stanely is perfect for the job. She can spend her first turn getting to Arkham and hopefully getting a useful Incantation, then go to London on her second turn and use her passive to block the Cultists' enhanced horror as she tries to clear the way to Stonehenge. In the likely event that she doesn't manage to kill both Cultists, she can just detonate them with her Action! What could go wrong?

The answer, as it turns out, is me foolishly making Diana the Lead Investigator, then failing to recover any Clues during the next turn. The very first Mythos card that Diana ever witnessed was Gaze of Ghatanathoa. No clues to spend means Diana is instantly defeated. Her sole accomplishment: Traveling to Arkham so that her corpse is somewhat conveniently located.

In the game's story, I imagine that she heard about the epic battle between a reincarnated Hyperborean sorceress and the avatar of Nyarlathotep, was inspired to stand up to the cult, and promptly discovered that the Mythos is not an uplifting after-school special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hart
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My fastest death was pulling the "Lead Investigator Loses All Health" mythos card on the first turn. Poor Charlie.

I've died in more stupid ways than I can recall. One against the Syzygy, I had three investigators on the mystic ruins location and only needed to put one more token on Syzygy's card. A completely buffed-out Lily was rolling six dice on her first check for the special encounter, and hit zero of them. Two focuses and her re-roll item gave me the same result. The mystic ruin location moved for the card's fail condition, and we lost in the mythos phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.