1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Lily white Libertarians take white privigage for granted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
Lily white Libertarians take white privilege so for granted that they don't realize that their utopia would probably not work well for them personally without it.

Would they be so willing to live in their utopia if it was a given that black people would start off with an average net worth 100* times the average net worth of white people [who live in the utopia]?

. * . Or 1,000 times, or more? Also, lets assume that no white person's net worth is greater than the poorest black person's net worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah but the libertarian Utopia starts of with them enforcing their privaleges on everybody. You have to respect their property rights.

So right from the start the utopia is corrupted by coercion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
?

It won't sound nearly so profound when you are sober.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that applies more to libertarians they never sober up from la la land.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:
Would they be so willing to live in their utopia if it was a given that black people would start off with an average net worth 100* times the average net worth of white people [who live in the utopia]?

. * . Or 1,000 times, or more? Also, lets assume that no white person's net worth is greater than the poorest black person's net worth.

FUCK YEAH ! nobody wants black Americans to succeed more then those of us living in and around their community. Young black men from age 12 to 30 commit a disproportionate amount of crime. I imagine this would be heavily reduced if they were making that kind of money you speak of.

I love your subtle racism here also, why pick the on the black community, why not Asian , middle eastern or something ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

FUCK YEAH ! nobody wants black Americans to succeed more then those of us living in and around their community. Young black men from age 12 to 30 commit a disproportionate amount of crime. I imagine this would be heavily reduced if they were making that kind of money you speak of.

I love your subtle racism here also, why pick the on the black community, why not Asian , middle eastern or something ?

*pats*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:
Lily white Libertarians take white privilege so for granted that they don't realize that their utopia would probably not work well for them personally without it.

Cite? Opinion with basis? Or uninformed opinion?

Steve1501 wrote:

If it's a utopia why would anybody have more or less than anybody else?

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
Ferretman wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

Steve1501 wrote:

Ferret

At age 70, I get to play by "Coffee shop rules".

Under coffee shop rules people don't have to carry their source books around with them.

The 1st statement is self-evidently obvious to anyone with an open mind.
. . But, based on your previous posts your mind is certainly not open, so it may not be obvious to you. If you want to chat about why you disagree with it, feel free. Come up with some counter evidence. I like to think that I'm always open to actual evidence.

The word "utopia" does not always or even usually imply equality in [or is it of] possessions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
u·to·pi·a
yo͞oˈtōpēə/
noun
noun: Utopia; plural noun: Utopias; noun: utopia; plural noun: utopias

an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect. The word was first used in the book Utopia (1516) by Sir Thomas More.

Since one person's perfect place or state of things may be another person's version of hell, it's not possible to implement a utopian society for any significant population.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Libertarians will never understand a concept as nuanced as privilege.

All they understand is freedom = good, private = good, public = bad, government = bad.

And I would argue they don't "understand" even that, because many government programs are very, very good and necessary and would not be better off if held by the private sector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

All they understand is freedom = good, private = good, public = bad, government = bad.

And I would argue they don't "understand" even that, because many government programs are very, very good and necessary and would not be better off if held by the private sector.

Extacly like the only thing conservatives understand is "Religious law good, secular law bad" and liberals understand "communism good, capitalism bad".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rost
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Extacly like the only thing conservatives understand is "Religious law good, secular law bad" and liberals understand "communism good, capitalism bad".

In the past, Shampoo4you has claimed in this forum that he was at one time a libertarian, probably as an attempt to garner credibility for his criticisms. Maybe we can assume this was his position at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:

Don't you mean Libertardians? I mean, Libertarians surely talk about the Democrat party too. You need to come up with a name to call them in return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:

. . But, based on your previous posts your mind is certainly not open, so it may not be obvious to you. If you want to chat about why you disagree with it, feel free. Come up with some counter evidence. I like to think that I'm always open to actual evidence.

Ooohhhhh......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
because many government programs are very, very good and necessary and would not be better off if held by the private sector.

Citation needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Except in the Libertarian's case, the broad generalization is mostly true. Gary Johnson was BOOED at his own convention for saying he would have signed the Civil Rights Act, of all things. Now he's being lambasted on this very forum for adopting a "Democrat" position on an economic issue.

And another case in point, from this very thread:

jeremycobert wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
because many government programs are very, very good and necessary and would not be better off if held by the private sector.

Citation needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
as soon as I find out what it is.

Maher explains it well. White people feel better about themselves when complaining about being white.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Gary Johnson was BOOED at his own convention for saying he would have signed the Civil Rights Act, of all things.

This is the 2nd time you have posted this and I think you fail to see the reason they were booing. It has nothing to do with race. I can only assume you think they are racist for not support the governments over reach into private business.

This is really a hard one for nutters to grasp.. Give the govt. authority over your private property, for something you agree with, it will soon come back expanded into realms you do not agree with. It's as simple as that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
Gary Johnson was BOOED at his own convention for saying he would have signed the Civil Rights Act, of all things.

This is the 2nd time you have posted this and I think you fail to see the reason they were booing. It has nothing to do with race. I can only assume you think they are racist for not support the governments over reach into private business.

This is really a hard one for nutters to grasp.. Give the govt. authority over your private property, for something you agree with, it will soon come back expanded into realms you do not agree with. It's as simple as that.

Yes, an act which bans businesses from being racist has nothing to do with race. More Libertarian "logic".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

Steve1501 wrote:

Ferret

At age 70, I get to play by "Coffee shop rules".

Under coffee shop rules people don't have to carry their source books around with them.

That's cute because it's a form of Argument From Superior Position -- "If you don't agree with me you're clearly not keeping an open mind". It's also wrong and evidence for a lack of thought on your part.

Steve1501 wrote:

Yep, there's the "I don't have to prove what I say" bit. Liberals are pretty predictable at least.

Steve1501 wrote:

The word "utopia" does not always or even usually imply equality in [or is it of] possessions.

Then it's a-priori not a utopia, at least for many people. Especially those who feel they are "owed" anything by anybody for anything real or imagined.

Really this is all quite basic....maybe you want some more time to think this through.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spookyblast wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

In the past, Shampoo4you has claimed in this forum that he was at one time a libertarian, probably as an attempt to garner credibility for his criticisms. Maybe we can assume this was his position at the time.

Aha, that's it! He self-identified as a Libertarian then!

Makes more sense now.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Citation needed.

No problem:
http://www.epsu.org/sites/default/files/article/files/PSIRU_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

There are only two ways to have private property. The Libertarian ideals I have seen espoused in this forum invalidate both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

There are only two ways to have private property. The Libertarian ideals I have seen espoused in this forum invalidate both.

You should read more of my posts then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.