Subject: Krosmaster 2.0 and you... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just when we thought Krosmaster had packed up and went back across the pond we learn CMON has taken up the challenge to continue on with Krosmaster here in the US with Krosmaster 2.0.

At Gen Con 2016 we saw two Krosmaster sets for sell in that of Krosmaster Arena 2.0 and Krosmaster Quest. So my question is what do you think CMON has to do in order to get Krosmaster rolling here in US?

We already have heard Season 4 will be blind box and we hope to see the Piwate map pack along with the third duel pack here in the next few months but truth be told this will do little in drawing in new players. I say this only because a lot of people are not for sure where Krosmaster is going because of the huge mess that happened with Krosmaster Quest.

Do you think CMON will take Krosmaster back to Kickstarter AFTER Season 4? Me, I think it would be a very good idea. Why, sir, do you think that? Because it will draw in new players as well as bring back those who left. Another thing is here in the US blind boxes are not well received in our gaming culture. Yes, it does happen but very little and when it does how long does said game last? Sure, card games have been kings of this for a long time now but we are talking miniatures here, different beast.

Last miniatures game I remember getting into and thought would be great was a little known game called Monsterpocolypse. Great miniatures and the game play was solid. However it fell after four or five sets and while the blind box buy may not have been its complete downfall, it did not help it at all.

So why do I believe that Kickaster is the cure all for Krosmaster? Because it eliminates the blind box buy however it still leaves the window open for those who want to do the tournament scene to get the tournament only exclusives. So enough meat on the bone, if you will, for CMON and Krosmaster to grow. Otherwise I really can not help but to wonder how long Krosmaster has before it is gone here in the US. Yes, I understand it can be imported and people like myself will continue on playing with what we have already, but if CMON can not get this game going it is almost time to turn out the lights for Krosmaster.

So by all means chime in and give your thoughts. We are all just throwing things against the wall and seeing what sticks anyway as we know very little on the future of Krosmaster besides that CMON will be taking over here in the US. All I can ask is to keep it clean and to play nice with others. We all can have our say and enjoy each other's perspective without smashing to many toes.

As well what are you excited for in Season 4? I know of one certain character that has his four hard shell heroes at his call made me laugh when I saw him and a Must Have for my Krosmaster games. Do you think more characters with such reference to pop culture characters we know would help with sells? Draw more people in? I think so and at the very least it does not hurt. Drop a few lines and share what you think about CMON and Krosmaster...come on in, the waters fine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master Roshi
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure if you are right about CMON being the right fit as a distributor for 2.0. That being said I hope I am wrong.

They certainly were criticized heavily for the way they handled Quest orders.

CMON is known for their KS campaigns, but in this case they will have little wiggle room to make a campaign special since the game is produced by Ankama (released in Feb 2016 in Europe) and they have to abide with rules/figs that have already been added to the Krosmaster Arena universe. I guess summon tokens, terrain tokens, or colored dice could be used as KS incentives but it seems lackluster compared to CMON other campaigns.

CMON has been also slow picking up the mantle when it comes to organized play. This is a major problem for a game like Krosmaster Arena.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good points. I really do not do the tournament scene however this is huge in the Krosmaster community.

Hmmm, we shall see where CMON takes this game and how they deal with the future Seasons of Krosmaster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master Roshi
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you positive about them not going the KS route with Krosmaster 2.0?

I am seeing that the US have fallen far behind Europe in terms of released items:

Piwate Island
Duel Pack 3
Season 4

A KS campaign could be a good opportunity to bridge that gap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krissie,

Am I positive about CMON not running a Kickstarter for the items you listed? Absolutely...or should I say this is what the CMON team at Gen Con told us. Season 4 is already finished and will be sold blind box.

CMON was selling Krosmaster 2.0 and Krosmaster Quest at Gen Con but that was it as for what they had for sell. As far as any mention of there being a Kickstarter in the very near future...no word from CMON on such nor did they go into detail about what the future holds.

I do believe we will see Krosmaster going back to Kickstarter after Season 4. CMON is the king of Kickstarter and I think this worked best for Krosmaster in the past with the US market (I say this but as we all know Quest Kickstarter was a disaster to say the least but not the fault of CMON.).

So could CMON do a Kickstarter for Season 4 with all that you listed? They could but I would not hold my breath. Now would I rather there be a Kickstarter and get everything in one shot? By all means, yes. But again, there was very little talk about Krosmaster at the CMON booth besides that they have taken over and that all of the figures you have WILL be able to be used in Krosmaster 2.0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master Roshi
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, all heroes (not black listed in meta) are compatible with 2.0.

Since you were there, how much activity did you witness at the CMON Krosmaster stand? Any cool promo items for sale or just 2.0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Beal
msg tools
My thoughts are a slow release is what will kill Krosmaster, they've announced season 3.5, piwate map, duel pack 3 and 4 yet cmon hasn't announced any of that yet and took there time with arena 2.0. Also Krosmaster Quest wasn't a Kickstarter it was a preorder from Japanime Games, maybe the transition from Japanime to Cmon is what caused the delay. Lastly the blind box is ok here are my reasons. What you do is buy a full box there's usually no duplicates and you'll be missing four rares, then you buy a second box (yes you'll get duplicates of the commons but you can run multiples of them or use them in a mirror match) the rares you either trade for the rares you didn't get from a site like Facebook Krosmaster trade, or you sell them on EBay for $20 to $40 dollars to finance your next box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master Roshi
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you CMON is taking way too much time to get 2.0 out, it appears that right now we are looking at a mid October 2016 release. CMON needs to step up its game and do so quickly. We are not talking about a brand new game, we are talking about a game that has been out in Europe for 9 months.

The most concerning to me is the lack of news/information about 2.0, Piwate Island, Duel Pack 3, or Season 4. No communications are going out, nothing, radio silence.

Finally CMON does not appear to have any interest in supporting organized play at the moment. I love the game don't get me wrong, but what is the point in collecting figs if you can't face off with other players. Friends and family are fine but this only takes you so far and gets repetitive. I mean, why not stick to the online game then?

All of this makes me question CMON's commitment to supporting the Krosmaster IP in the long run. CMON's actions (or lack there of) are finishing (in the US) to kill the momentum Krosmaster had garnered a couple years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they were selling Krosmaster 2.0 at GenCon, any pictures or additional info on it? I read other thread but was just hoping for something more substantial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Danbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ljcombet wrote:

Since you were there, how much activity did you witness at the CMON Krosmaster stand? Any cool promo items for sale or just 2.0?

I'm new to the Krosmaster game, where can I find info about what heroes are black listed in the the meta? I figure it will be helpful for my group to avoid using those heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master Roshi
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Current Ban list:

Goldenrod Terminatot
Klor Ofil
Theo

Current Boss list:

Black Crow
Djaul
Ghett Outadier
Henual
Kitty Rage
Luk Ylook
Poochan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Want to join a boardgaming club in Zuid-Limburg? www.BoardGamingInc.be
mbmbmbmbmb
Ljcombet wrote:

I went to Spiel Essen 2016, and the Ankama stand had Quest, 2.0, the Season 4 blind boxes, three promo's (Shopkeeper Grampy, Cardboard Tube Samurai and a Joris), bomb token pack, doll token pack (sadly no gobball/tofu pack), Brotherhood of the Tofu, Multiman.

No Duel pack 3, no Piwate Island or S3 booster boxes, no Dark Heroes. I think I saw nothing from S1 and S2. Glad I completed my S1+S2, except for 1 figure

I picked up 2.0, the token packs, and got the three promo's. Maybe next year I'll get a booster box if I'm still interested... The booth was smaller than last year, but that was a combined Japanime/Ankama booth. Now Japanime had a seperate booth with their busty anime lady cardgames, and Ankama had a seperate booth for Krosmaster.

I sure hope CMoN will make distribution easier. Essen is my only place to go for Krosmaster stuff. Shops here only carry the base games and sometimes Quest, at maximum Retail prices. Almost impossible to get addon packs in the NL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ljcombet wrote:

Kriss,

How much activity did I witness at the CMON stand for Krosmaster? It was hard to tell but there were people excited for Krosmaster 2.0 (and it helped they were running a demo of it.)

As for promos? None that I saw. Now with that being said I ran into a table ran by who I think was Japanaime Games that was selling "old" Krosmaster stuff...cheap. I mean "pick what you wanted and talk over price" cheap. I walked away with two Season 3 boxes, Cardboard Tube Samurai promo, and more for $50. I went back the next day and picked up even more as they were slashing prices so low I could not stay away...and had some awesome promos but as soon as people found out stuff started flying and fast.

I really did not intend to purchase any more Krosmaster items and for me the game was done. However after running into this table and the prices being way to good to pass up, I grabbed a lot of what I didn't have at a price that I may never see again, yes, that cheap. So for me, Gen Con 2016 was the year of Krosmaster or more like the bargain of Gen Con 2016. I was more than happy to pick up what I did for the price I did. It was something is all I can say and I got a lot of it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Want to join a boardgaming club in Zuid-Limburg? www.BoardGamingInc.be
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that didn't last very long: http://www.krosmaster.com/en/news/news/695000-ankama-product...

Quote:
Ankama Products and CMON Limited announced their USA distribution partnership has come to an end. The final product to be released under the current deal is Gang Rush: Breakout on June 23, 2017.
Ankama and CMON originally entered into their partnership to deliver on the awaited release of Krosmaster: Quest and have gone on to distribute Krosmaster Arena 2.0, 75 Gnom’ Street, Kromaster Collection: Cemetery Park, and more. CMON will continue to sell their remaining stock of Ankama Products along with providing customer support for those titles while supplies last.
Until further notice, all new English releases, starting with the Wild Realms Krosmaster collection, will be available on our online shop: www.ankama-shop.com.
For more information, please contact contact-products@ankama.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.