Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary Encounters already had incredibly inconsistent artwork, but now that Firefly is released and even worse and more inconsistent artwork is displayed here, is anyone else worried that the expansion will make more of a mess of this wonderful Alien game as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope for a good artwork.

But if it's bad I can't do anything but not buying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't care about artwork, I care about gameplay. So far we know nothing about gameplay so I don't care about this expansion at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious what reasons could be for all the release hold-up... First it had to come out in May, then July, end of August, now it appears like November. Whether they are purely marketing reasons or they still make some tweaks of gameplay or maybe they decided to improve used artwork after the criticism of Firefly...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siegfried Steurer
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
I don't care about artwork, I care about gameplay.

+1

Evil_X wrote:
So far we know nothing about gameplay so I don't care about this expansion at all.

We know you can play the queen. Good enough for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually cancelled my pre-order last night - not because of art concerns but because I'm not seeing much around what's in the box other than 4 new characters and play-as-Queen. I have no interest in playing as the Queen, so with 400 cards, thats a lot of cards I don't expect to ever use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
I feel like Firefly was rushed to be done by Gen Con, and that is why the art was so bad. I can't think of a single other reason that would justify the artwork in that game. Since this one is coming out later, without a definitive time frame to meet, I'm hoping they will take the time needed to keep the same thing from happening. While the art in the original Legendary Encounters was not always amazing, none of it was as bad as the trash that ended up in the Firefly version, so hopefully they'll take whatever time they need to make this one right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Rogue Keeper wrote:
I'm curious what reasons could be for all the release hold-up... First it had to come out in May, then July, end of August, now it appears like November. Whether they are purely marketing reasons or they still make some tweaks of gameplay or maybe they decided to improve used artwork after the criticism of Firefly...?

I recall that people said some of the delays were because they were focused upon the Marvel Civil War expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elwyn5150 wrote:
Rogue Keeper wrote:

I recall that people said some of the delays were because they were focused upon the Marvel Civil War expansion.

That's nonsensical, since there are different development teams/ designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
elwyn5150 wrote:
Rogue Keeper wrote:

That's nonsensical, since there are different development teams/ designers.

Just because they have different designers doesn't mean there aren't other shared resources that would slow things down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Hobbes
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Art is pretty important for me to immerse myself into a game especially someting like Alien. The first Alien game was fine. A little inconsistent with the design but ok and sometimes great.

Firefly on the other hand was just as bad as it gets. Cant remember a game that looked that horrible. Was a must buy for me but now its a not buy at all.

They really destroyed the game with the atrocious art. Really hope the expansion is more in the line of LE Alien.

I dont get how you can sabotage your own game with a tested gampelay like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.