Subject: Thematic incoherence/shortcomings and possible variant solutions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maik L.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

first, I have a quite specific question about the "Curse of the dark Pharao"-expansion. While I think that thematically it is as interesting as the "King in Yellow" I encountered the same problem some other people seem to have already encountered before. To make it short: if you want the full flavor of the expansion (with herald + exhibition items etc. and perhaps with the traveling variant also) the herald-rules will probably tend to demotivate everybody to search out the exhibition items.

Now I see that there are 2 mythos-cards which require you to own and to collect these items but nevertheless they tend to not matter so much (only 2 cards of how many?). So my question is: Are there additional scenario/variant rules for the expansion which emphatize the theme more and deal with the herald-"problem"? For for example it could be required that the investigators own one relict each to successfully close every/the last gate? Or something similiar? This would be a way to actually strengthen the thematic coherence of the game in my eyes.

Second, taking this case as pars pro toto, I would like to ask if "secondary + thematic winning conditions"-variants have been discussed before and maybe already exist? Something like this could also (with differing requirements) make something like the cult-cards in the "Goat"-expansion more interesting. So I guess I am potentially also speaking about additional winning-conditions for the different thematic expansions...

Well, I am sure there has been talk about this topic before so I thought I should ask what the community thinks or has already come up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
badge
muwins.ch
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wrote a reply here: Re: Thematic inconsistency and possible answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.