$30.00
Niclas Lundberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I own everything Descent, how many Secret cards are there in the search deck? 1 or 2?

Physically, there's 2, but are you supposed to have use 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Parparian
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The secret room card/cards replace the nothing card, since there is only 1 nothing card you only use 1 secret room card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ozga
msg tools
mbmb
For example The Trollfens rule book page 4.

Expansion Setup
Quote:
Remove the “Nothing” card from the Search deck and replace it with the “Secret Passage” Search card before shuffling the Search deck. Be sure there is only one copy of the “Secret Passage” Search card in the Search deck (if playing with other expansions). Then, shuffle the Secret Room cards and place them facedown near the Search deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isaragnor wrote:
The secret room card/cards replace the nothing card, since there is only 1 nothing card you only use 1 secret room card.

Unless, like us, you really like secret rooms - in which case mix in both of them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But I love the Nothing card. Why would I want to remove the Nothing card? Why should heroes have absolutely no drawbacks to searching?

When I play, I just shuffle the Secret Room card into the deck, and leave the Nothing card in as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, we always leave in the nothing card too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then they draw the card and are all, like, oh noes! It's the Nothing!...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timlagor
msg tools
We just let the Rogue do the searching (draw 2 keep 1 and Rogues tend to have good movement).. but without the Nothing and with the secret room extra treasure you don't really need the rogue to go through the deck anyway -finding the extra item makes such a big difference!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.