Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Space occupied by another player's ship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

If a ship moves into space ocupied by another player, and then eplores a new space Tile and discovers that the ship cannot any further due to insufficient Move points... What is happening?

Or If a ship moves into space occupies by another player and this causes an adjacent enemy ship token attack... what is happening? Is there a fight?

Same as if was a planet or sun space ? (whitout 1 damage)so move back to it's previous space?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - February 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
In all these cases, the ship receives 1 damage and moves back to its previous space.

In the case of the provoked enemy ship, there would then be a mandatory combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you Andrew :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:
In all these cases, the ship receives 1 damage and moves back to its previous space.

In "Game Walkthrough" book, page 8, for Violet arrow movement, i provoke the romulan from the Sun but how much should i pay for my movement with cards ? For me at least 4. Then i take 1 damage and i move back to the space it started moving from. Its correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Andrew Parks wrote:

In "Game Walkthrough" book, page 8, for Violet arrow movement, i provoke the romulan from the Sun but how much should i pay for my movement with cards ? For me at least 4. Then i take 1 damage and i move back to the space it started moving from. Its correct?

In theory, you would spend 4 Move points to enter the Sun space, but in reality, you would just revert that move and do something else. If you wanted to engage that Romulan Warbird, you could just stay in your starting space and challenge it without spending any movement points.

In other words, the example in the Walkthrough explains why this would be a bad move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Andrew Parks wrote:

In theory, you would spend 4 Move points to enter the Sun space, but in reality, you would just revert that move and do something else. If you wanted to engage that Romulan Warbird, you could just stay in your starting space and challenge it without spending any movement points.

In other words, the example in the Walkthrough explains why this would be a bad move.

excuse me Andrew, it's me expressing myself poorly. But in theory we can not spend only 4 points because a ship cannot ends its movement on a sun. In theory it's 6 points (to pass through the sun)... but that provokes the Romulan warbird to attack.
My question is :

If i do it, i should spend 6 move and move back to the space it started moving from!(with 1 damage) but would it combat phases with the Romulan Warbird?

Or it's me who did not understand! lolll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The moment that you entered the Sun space, you provoked the Romulan Warbird. Therefore, you would not get to spend the last 2 Move points to move beyond the Sun. Your movement is interrupted.

So it is still only 4 Move points spent.

And, remember, you would use the Reverting rule at that point anyway, which means you wouldn't really spend any Move points, unless your friends are really hardcore and refuse to play with the Reverting rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:
The moment that you entered the Sun space, you provoked the Romulan Warbird. Therefore, you would not get to spend the last 2 Move points to move beyond the Sun. Your movement is interrupted.

So it is still only 4 Move points spent.

And, remember, you would use the Reverting rule at that point anyway, which means you wouldn't really spend any Move points, unless your friends are really hardcore and refuse to play with the Reverting rule.

Thank you very much for your answers and especially for your patience...
And It's a GREAT game :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'm happy to help out.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:

Those would not be my friends: the reverting rule has worked its way from Mage Knight to most games we play. It reduces AP and it generally sets a friendlier attitude for play. All games should use it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.