Runebound (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Red Scorpion's "Flurry of Blades" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Lomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are items which say that you can spend surge abilities twice.

Red Scorpion's Flurry of Blades allows you to use it three times per round.

Now I guess rules as written means that you can't use those items with flurry of blades, you can already use it twice so it doesn't give you any new powers.

We played it as "use it one more time". Although in theory you could also say it would allow you to use it six times, if you had enough surge since that is "two uses" of her surge power.

Does anyone know if there's an offical answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Taear wrote:

Now I guess rules as written means that you can't use those items with flurry of blades, you can already use it twice so it doesn't give you any new powers.

I would agree with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Taear wrote:
There are items which say that you can spend surge abilities twice.

Red Scorpion's Flurry of Blades allows you to use it three times per round.

We played it as "use it one more time". Although in theory you could also say it would allow you to use it six times, if you had enough surge since that is "two uses" of her surge power.

I would agree with your latter conclusion if the card said that you could activate it "an additional time", but since both of the items set a number (2 and 3), I do not believe that they interact in any beneficial way.

I also don't believe anyone has asked this question before, so there has been no official answer... Although, official answers from FFG are fairly rare as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Taear wrote:

I would agree with this.

That is a shame. One more use seems the most natural way to play it even though in practice it's not likely to actually happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more use might seem reasonable, but it's not in any way stated in the rules. Following the rules as written, the two abilities simply overlap and provide no cumulative benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've messaged them to ask. I dunno if they'll reply but it's worth having a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Taear wrote:

I would agree with this.

I had a reply from Lukasz and he agreed with you. The skills/items that do this wouldn't affect flurry of blades at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.