Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Campaign 1 scenario 3 have you closing gates by depositing a Bogaloo. What if you deposit several more ghosts together with the Bogaloo, will that result in a Bogaloo coming out of the gate or have I closed the gate before that when depositing the Bogaloo?
So is there an order in which ghosts are deposited or can you choose the order yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
Campaign 1 scenario 3 have you closing gates by depositing a Bogaloo. What if you deposit several more ghosts together with the Bogaloo, will that result in a Bogaloo coming out of the gate or have I closed the gate before that when depositing the Bogaloo?
So is there an order in which ghosts are deposited or can you choose the order yourself.

You can't choose the order. All ghosts deposited during a single action are deposited simultaneously. If you deposit a Boogaloo Manifestation with other ghosts, a new Boogaloo Manifestation will emerge from it prior to it closing.

You can do what you are describing, but it will take multiple actions:
First, deposit 3 class levels of ghosts (but not a Boogaloo Manifestation),
Repeat this as necessary, spending actions, until you have deposited all of the non-Boogaloo Manifestation ghosts that you have trapped.
Then, spend a third+ action to deposit a Boogaloo Manifestation to close the gate. It can now no longer be used for depositing ghosts.

Alternatively, you can simply deposit the Boogaloo Manifestation to close the gate and just deposit the rest of your ghosts into the Ecto-1 as normal, all at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
Nusferatu wrote:

You can't choose the order. All ghosts deposited during a single action are deposited simultaneously. If you deposit a Boogaloo Manifestation with other ghosts, a new Boogaloo Manifestation will emerge from it prior to it closing.

You can do what you are describing, but it will take multiple actions:
First, deposit 3 class levels of ghosts (but not a Boogaloo Manifestation),
Repeat this as necessary, spending actions, until you have deposited all of the non-Boogaloo Manifestation ghosts that you have trapped.
Then, spend a third+ action to deposit a Boogaloo Manifestation to close the gate. It can now no longer be used for depositing ghosts.

Alternatively, you can simply deposit the Boogaloo Manifestation to close the gate and just deposit the rest of your ghosts into the Ecto-1 as normal, all at once.

Doesn't the rules say that you can deposit as many ghosts as you like,effectively triggering both things at the same time?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
Doesn't the rules say that you can deposit as many ghosts as you like,effectively triggering both things at the same time?!

Yes, you can deposit all of them at the same time into the gate, closing it. But it will also summon a new Boogaloo Manifestation. I apologize if I misread your original post, but I assumed that you were trying to deposit ghosts without causing a new Boogaloo Manifestation to emerge from the gate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
Nusferatu wrote:

Yes, you can deposit all of them at the same time into the gate, closing it. But it will also summon a new Boogaloo Manifestation. I apologize if I misread your original post, but I assumed that you were trying to deposit ghosts without causing a new Boogaloo Manifestation to emerge from the gate.

I think you got my OP right. If I deposit a Boogaloo and 4 level one ghosts
the latter will deploy a Bogaloo in an open gate but depositing the Bogaloo will also close that gate. So there is a question of timing or order of Events as one thing will cancel the other out.
The closing of the gate and spawning on the gate would happen at the same time, so which happens first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
the latter will deploy a Bogaloo in an open gate but depositing the Bogaloo will also close that gate. So there is a question of timing or order of Events as one thing will cancel the other out.
The closing of the gate and spawning on the gate would happen at the same time, so which happens first?

In fact, Boogaloo Manifestation is a Class 3 ghost, so if you deposit ANY other ghost along with a Boogaloo Manifestation, it will trigger another one to spawn, in addition to closing the gate.

The timing/order does not matter as neither interrupts the other from happening. When you deposit a Boogaloo Manifestation with any other ghost, you will do two things, in either order, but both will happen regardless:
1.) Flip the Gate tile to its Closed side, and
2.) Roll the PKE die and place the new Boogaloo Manifestation on the space specified by the roll number.

You may do them in either order, but you always do both. They do not cancel each other out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
Nusferatu wrote:

In fact, Boogaloo Manifestation is a Class 3 ghost, so if you deposit ANY other ghost along with a Boogaloo Manifestation, it will trigger another one to spawn, in addition to closing the gate.

The timing/order does not matter as neither interrupts the other from happening. When you deposit a Boogaloo Manifestation with any other ghost, you will do two things, in either order, but both will happen regardless:
1.) Flip the Gate tile to its Closed side, and
2.) Roll the PKE die and place the new Boogaloo Manifestation on the space specified by the roll number.

You may do them in either order, but you always do both. They do not cancel each other out.

Ok, to me the wording on the scenario card was a little confusing though as it says to spawn a Bogaloo in an OPEN gate. So personnally, just going by what I read on the scenario card, I got the impression that it would either be a timing rule issue or player chooses the order. I unfortunately did the latter.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.