Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Automa move mech action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arni Baldur Moller
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I have a question about the non-attacking move mech action of the automa player.

The rules state that the mech closest to the automa home base should move to a hex which is the shortest distance from an enemy combat unit. If all automa mechs are currently the closest they can be to enemy combat units do they move to another hex which is the shortest distance of those available or does the automa player skip that move (or choose the next movement action available on the card, if applicable)? Seems the logical thing is that the automa skips the movement action instead of possibly moving further away from the factory, that's how I did it anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arnimoller wrote:
Hi. I have a question about the non-attacking move mech action of the automa player.

The rules state that the mech closest to the automa home base should move to a hex which is the shortest distance from an enemy combat unit. If all automa mechs are currently the closest they can be to enemy combat units do they move to another hex which is the shortest distance of those available or does the automa player skip that move (or choose the next movement action available on the card, if applicable)? Seems the logical thing is that the automa skips the movement action instead of possibly moving further away from the factory, that's how I did it anyway.

As I understand it (and I'm sure Morten will be along shortly to confirm or correct, and likely phrase it better), you move the closest to home base, the hex that unit originated on is a valid hex, and then you check where it should go based on the algorithm after lifting it off the board - and if that means moving from it's current hex to it's current hex, that's the Automa's full move.

I'm fairly sure somewhere in the automa movement rules is a clarification to the effect that moving a unit from a current hex to the hex the unit originated from is considered a complete move action for the Automa, at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen is right. The movement could move to its original hex.
Also keep in mind the tiebreakers.
If all mechs are adjacent to enemy combat units it could well be, that there is an option that is closer to the factory. Sometimes it just changes position based on reading order (second tie breaker).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gizensha wrote:
arnimoller wrote:

As I understand it (and I'm sure Morten will be along shortly to confirm or correct, and likely phrase it better), you move the closest to home base, the hex that unit originated on is a valid hex, and then you check where it should go based on the algorithm after lifting it off the board - and if that means moving from it's current hex to it's current hex, that's the Automa's full move.

I'm fairly sure somewhere in the automa movement rules is a clarification to the effect that moving a unit from a current hex to the hex the unit originated from is considered a complete move action for the Automa, at least.

You're wrong... I won't phrase it better than you did . Other than that you're spot on (as confirmed by Lines).

Thank you, both of you, for answering the question before I got here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Carter
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off topic: love the Nicodemus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.