Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Turning fire to smoke rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Johnson
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has always assumed it isn't possible (or at least that it's entirely pointless) to turn fire to smoke if that fire is adjacent to another fire marker, since the smoke would immediately turn back to fire. So you have to spend 2AP to extinguish the fire space completely.

But having read some stuff on the forums here... is it true that the smoke wouldn't turn back to fire until your Advance Fire stage? So you could, for example, turn a fire square to smoke temporarily in order to walk through it at normal cost before your turn ends, even if it's adjacent to fire?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. It is also useful to prevent an explosion on that spot or drag a victim across.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turning Fire to smoke is very important strategy as noted above.

We like putting a firefighter in a hot spot we cant control, and revert 3-4 spaces back to smoke simply to prevent explosions while the rest of the structure is dealt with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had no idea that would be useful. It had never occurred to me that flipping things to smoke could afford such opportunities. I never even thought to ask about it...

Thanks for explaining this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jack
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think we've been making heroic difficulty even more difficult. We've been flipping smoke to fire immediately, not waiting until the advance fire stage. I'll have to keep that in mind for the next game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.