Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mb
Having played through the missions in the box, I've been dabbling with some custom ideas. This one is based off of my favourite levels from the video game Fire Emblem, where the idea isn't to systematically advance through a map, but instead to hold your ground and defend an area for a finite length of time. It's a small map with lots of zombies.

I've written it up and uploaded a .pdf here. Please forgive the MS Word-iness.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/idjx1qa66lbbc5o/QUEST%20Save%20The...

Hope some of you will give it a try. I'd love to know how it works for you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The noise token stack is smart!

Not a huge fan of homebrew scenarios, but this one calls to me. Will let you know what I think when I get a chance to try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Schuster
Germany
Ulm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the idea of defending an area as an objective with the increasing difficulty through the blue and green doors.
Definitely will give this a try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the players then have to escape after they rescue the babies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why you have a green spawn token when all necros would want to escape through the closer blue one? Also, there are other colors aren't there, so having the same color as the doors is suggesting a connection that doesn't appear to be there. As to flavor text, I would not drop babies into a sewer. How would that be safe? However, moving them to a boat waiting at an underground dock would get my support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mb
longagoigo wrote:
Not sure why you have a green spawn token when all necros would want to escape through the closer blue one? Also, there are other colors aren't there, so having the same color as the doors is suggesting a connection that doesn't appear to be there. As to flavor text, I would not drop babies into a sewer. How would that be safe? However, moving them to a boat waiting at an underground dock would get my support.

Two great points. Originally the doors & spawn points did correspond, but I guess things got shuffled around and that connection is gone.

Your version of the flavour text is better too. Will likely update it sometime.

Mike B Canada wrote:
Do the players then have to escape after they rescue the babies?

I go back and forth on this (and I guess forgot to make a decision before posting). I tend to play to when the remaining survivors exit following the kids into the underground dock. Usually that's the same turn as removing the last noise token though. Any stragglers have already been overwhelmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh ok, then its on to the mission of rescuing the kids from the sewer gatorbomination?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Saved and printed!

fwiw, Reaper has a plastic Bones figure that would work with the nursery:

Painted image is metal version to show details.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/child/price/77087
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Into The Sewer, Kids!
Once per turn a Survivor in the nursery may spend one action to remove
one Noise Token from the stack. Survivors earn 5xp per noise token removed.

Does the underlined part mean a single survivor can remove 1 token per player phase, i.e. it will take at least 12 player phases to remove all 12. Or does it mean each survivor can remove 1 token during each of their turns?

I suspect you mean the first or the game could be over very quickly, which doesn't seem to be your intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mb
Falseemp wrote:
Into The Sewer, Kids!
Once per turn a Survivor in the nursery may spend one action to remove
one Noise Token from the stack. Survivors earn 5xp per noise token removed.

Does the underlined part mean a single survivor can remove 1 token per player phase, i.e. it will take at least 12 player phases to remove all 12. Or does it mean each survivor can remove 1 token during each of their turns?

I suspect you mean the first or the game could be over very quickly, which doesn't seem to be your intent.

You suspect right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this through last night. Had an issue as when I printed it some stuff went missing so I had to make some stuff up.

Didn't allow blue or green spawn points to be removed when a necromancer died, otherwise if a necro spawns on one and the other doesn't exist he has no where to go.

Played that the blue and green spawn points became active when their cross was revealed.

Only allow 1 noise marker to be taken per player phase.

It worked very well, though we were lucky, if we'd not had a crossbow and someone with +1 damage range the Wolfabomination would have cost us the game.

Overall we felt it was nice to have something different to do that the normal "hunt the board for the crosses" type scenarios.

Good Job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.