20 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: How much do other people play this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anna B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thinking about it, I have come to realise we play Eldritch Horror a lot. The two guys I live with and I play probably 2-3 times a week, and sometimes twice in a day. We got it 3 months ago, and now have (I think) all the expansions. We sometimes have friends over to play too.

Is this, in your opinion, a lot? I am curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have owned Eldritch Horror about eighteen months, and have played it six times.

It was purchased when I was on a huge gaming boom, playing 2-3 different games 5 night a week. Now, I play maybe 4 games a week (at best), and with those I need to factor in other people's game collections too.

Shame. I miss the good ol' days of having no money and therefore free evenings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have a regular group for board gaming, so I tend to just play this solo. As such I only play it once a week or so, which means by my standards you play a lot.

I doubt that means much, as I wish I played boardgames far more frequently, so perhaps you've reached what I hope to build my gaming habit into?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's much more than me. I've played 8 times since the game came out. I have almost all the expansions (not buying Beneath the Pyramids). It's a great and fun cooperative adventure game but ultimately the massive footprint of the game plus roughly a 3 hour play time (I usually play 4p) means it doesn't get played as much as I like it, but the people I play with do like it enough that when it does come out, they are interested and into it. I just find games that are 1-2 hours tend to hit the table much more frequently, especially if there is much less "stuff" and table space required.

It's a great game though and I look forward to a number of more plays in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
TestLoreMinusOne wrote:
Thinking about it, I have come to realise we play Eldritch Horror a lot. The two guys I live with and I play probably 2-3 times a week, and sometimes twice in a day. We got it 3 months ago, and now have (I think) all the expansions. We sometimes have friends over to play too.

Is this, in your opinion, a lot? I am curious.

I'm very jealous.

I've had this game a few months after Forsaken Lore was released and I've played it solo almost 30 times. I've attempted to play it with my brother once, but the times didn't line up. That will happen eventually. He's already familiar with Lovecraft/C'thulhu.

No idea if I'll ever get anyone else to the table.

If anything, any other group of people will be playing Mansions of Madness 2E with me before this.

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have owned it since it released. I have 30 plays under my belt. My friend and I play as often as we can, usually each playing 2 investigators. I'd say we average 1-2 a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
"Thick as a Snicker" ~ ♫ "Your uncle says to, says to tell you, You are a monkey girl."♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Sixty-one logged solitaire plays for me.
The majority of my games are played in the summer months and at a rate of about 2-3 times a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't stop playing this game. As soon as I finish one, I start setting up the next. Totally addicted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Owned since release, played about half a dozen times in groups.
Played about 45 times solo.

Frequency depends on my free time, sometimes I'll do 5 plays in a week (usually when an expansion comes out as well), sometimes nothing for a few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
Up with goats! Down with sheep!
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2016 I've played twice. There are certain obstacles to my playing this game with groups. I definitely would love to play more.

Solitaire it took second seat to Leaving Earth this year, but I will get back to it if the opportunity (solitaire table space and time) arises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saif Al-Azzawi
msg tools
Owned the game since 2015. I'm close to 30 games now. Only 6 of them I played with another person the rest is solo. I don't see myself getting bored of this game any time soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Glantz
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got this game sometime early 2015, I think. I have 40+ games logged, most of them with my buddy. We tend to play about once a week, since fall 2015.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United States
Hiram
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Probably 60 plus plays. Have to take a break occasionally, but I love the puzzle aspect of this game. Have all the expansions, and have printed off several fan made ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RingelTree wrote:
Solitaire it took second seat to Leaving Earth this year, but I will get back to it if the opportunity (solitaire table space and time) arises.

Just looked up Leaving Earth and ordered it. Looks so awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Owned Eldritch for a year and a half, took us half a year to get our first 3 games in. The complexity and very very long playtime just scared us.
But after our 3th game (or 4th but it was somewhere around that ) everything clicked, we got the rules, playtime went down alot.
Since then we have played over 30 games, al 2 player (my gf and me), 1 character each. We even have a few wins (3 or 4 whistle ).
The both of us love this game, big fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
I have it from begin and cannot even count how many times i play it. A lot! One of my favorite game if all times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Štoudek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im lucky if Im playing EH with my friends once per half year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boian Spasov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
We are the knights who say...
badge
Ni!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 247 games logged in Eldritch Horror stats site. Probably at least 50, if not more, before I started logging.

We play faster than most people, but still I think this is our most played game ever. Still seeing new things after all this time. Still too lazy to write that strategy article that I have had in my head for quite a while.

I may have developed an Eldritch addiction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm lucky if I get to play it once every few months now, very jealous of those getting to play it more - it's a tremendous game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I play it with my friends a few times a year, but I play it solo all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.