Subject: 76 new tokens... WHY!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Land
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
The original game comes with a billion we don't need any more! Give us more plastic clips that work or new characters instead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Robison
United States
Lynden
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm inclined to agree with you. I love this game, but I have a hard enough time finding the correct taken as it is. Replacement clips would be fantastic. For now the companion app will have to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slayergnom wrote:
The original game comes with a billion we don't need any more! Give us more plastic clips that work or new characters instead

Maybe for compatibility with 1st edition. There we didn't have tokens like "monster" or "minion", but each and every creature had its own named token. The bosses even with some artwork on there-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kacz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, when I saw that this didn't have new characters and didn't fix the clips it was no longer an insta-buy. We haven't even seen all the stories in the original game since we don't play it constantly. I think we can wait on this one for some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Alan Sayers
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DanielRobison wrote:
I'm inclined to agree with you. I love this game, but I have a hard enough time finding the correct taken as it is. Replacement clips would be fantastic. For now the companion app will have to do.

You just need to put each kind of token in its own little plastic bag. then it's easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Reid
msg tools
You mean you guys didn't painstakingly find and acquire minis to replace the tokens? My take is that if a game doesn't require its own rolling tool chest full of parts, then it's not worth my time.

/s
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Adkins
msg tools
Most of the tokens seem to be character icons for all of the explorers, which are used for certain rooms and certain new haunts. Dunno what they're used for, but I guess we'll just have to find out, huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
There's four big circular monster tokens with different monsters - Doctor, Pirate Queen, Cat, Head, used for haunts. There's one set of tokens for a new mechanic - "obstacles" and "locks". There's a bunch of each. Also, there's six or seven tokens per character, used so that you can mark on the board "this character has done this thing". They give the chapel/larder/etc. rooms as an example, but it could also be used in haunts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Adkins
msg tools
Huh, so that's part of what the character tokens are for, to keep track of one-time things in a room where a character can do stuff. Interesting. That helps keeps things on track, at least, but what happens if you used up more tokens for that purpose than is required for a particular haunt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daren S
msg tools
I believe the character tokens are specifically there to address the problem of keeping track of stat bonus rooms in the original. Say you visit the library and gain a pt to your stat, then you place your char token there so you know your char already got that boost which is once per game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.