Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1: Control Markers - when do they flip to the controlling side. Do you have to end movement on them?
Can you just move through the hex and gain control?

Question 2: Entering from Off-Map. Example No Man's Land. The scenario boundaries have a road entering the map which is outside the boundary which would force a vehicle to start on an open field vs enter via the road as the road hex outside the map boundaries. Is this the case here or is that road considered to be part of "anywhere on West Edge"? 2nd Part of that question - can you overstack on the entry location then fan out once entering the map. (i.e. Stack 3 vehicles off map next to entry area but have all 3 enter in the same location separately of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope Shayne weighs in, he's the last word, but my 2 cents.

1.Passing through flips a control marker.
2. You can only enter on scenario-proscribed entry hexes.
3. You don't pay movement points until you enter the map. So, yeah, I guess that is like overstacking.

I could be wrong on #3, but that is how I've played when testing... but I do have a lot of rule sets rattling around in my brain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You only have to pass through the control hex, but your unit must be good order to change the ownership. If you're Op fired upon in the hex and Shaken/Broken the ownership wouldn't change.

2. I've looked at the scenario and I'm not sure what this question about the road concerns. The entry points are anywhere along the Western edge including the road hexes.
Once you've moved the units onto the map they will be following the stacking limits, how they are held off map is not important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamm22 wrote:
1. You only have to pass through the control hex, but your unit must be good order to change the ownership. If you're Op fired upon in the hex and Shaken/Broken the ownership wouldn't change.

2. I've looked at the scenario and I'm not sure what this question about the road concerns. The entry points are anywhere along the Western edge including the road hexes.
Once you've moved the units onto the map they will be following the stacking limits, how they are held off map is not important.

1. You might want to add this to a FAQ or new version of rules as it isn't in there anywhere.

2. The map restriction (i.e. boundary markers) don't include the road that enters from the northwest side as the direct hex to the west is open ground and not the road (No Man's Land) so would you only pay 1/2 MP for a vehicle entering or 1MP if entering the road from an open hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Specific Hexes - Scenario No Man's Land. The Map boundary on the Western side is D3 to D18. The Road goes A1-B2-C2 THEN B3. So the road would in C2 would be a legal setup location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I see what you're asking.

Is it ok to spend 1/2 mp when entering on the road, instead of 1 mp (entering road hex from non road hex). And the previous road hex is out of bounds.

In my opinion, since it isn't specified, I would say 1/2 mp. In all reality a unit entering the fray by road, would have been using the road to get there. I would give this benefit to the entering vehicle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamm22 wrote:
Ok, I see what you're asking.

Is it ok to spend 1/2 mp when entering on the road, instead of 1 mp (entering road hex from non road hex). And the previous road hex is out of bounds.

In my opinion, since it isn't specified, I would say 1/2 mp. In all reality a unit entering the fray by road, would have been using the road to get there. I would give this benefit to the entering vehicle.

Jamm,

Thanks - that makes sense. Since there is a buffer around the map - my opponent just setup on the road but it works out the same.

BTW - is your Avatar a new Tank Leader counter for OST vol II?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.