Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ornelles
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Turn 1
Most of the German forces are in the east side of the map. I place a strong fire base in area 11 with weak forces in the north (areas 22 and 23) and a screening force in the west. The Germans get a very lucky dice roll for reinforcements and 3 Infantry units from Hzr. KG show up in Zone D. The British make a big mistake and move East to engage which leaves a gap in areas 3 & 4. Some SS recon units drive in there to get in between and behind the British Lines. In the east the Germans learn how difficult it is to move up against a solid wall of Brits ready to unleash their fire. I move some of the Bohlt units around to Zone D.

Turn 2
The Germans use the night turn to try and infiltrate and bring about some close combats in areas 2, 7 and 11. They take over area 2 easily and also area 11 albeit with heavy casualties, losing a Headquarters sector to set up for next turn but I have effectively blocked with some Brits including the 5-8-5 Engineer units which are invaluable. The Germans lost all three Mark III tanks this turn as well as a 6-2-8 heavy weapons company. They did manage to knock out one of the anti-tank guns however. The Germans need to use their artillery better but right now the remaining headquarters are out of position. '

Turn 3
The Germans start off getting more reinforcements in Zone C. They make a push in the north entering and taking control of area 23. There is a knock down drag out close combat in area 7 with the Germans just barely taking it. The Germans advance all along the eastern side of the map however the Brits still have their Anti-Tank gun in area 16 to threaten. I find it difficult to use the SS Armored recon 4-6-6 units due to the restrictions on number of units. Perhaps I should have used them as blocking forces in Zones D & E to cut off reinforcement rolls in the long game.

Turn 4
The Brits get some reformed ad-hoc units which are spread out along the VP areas. The Germans with their headquarters now all set along the eastern side, miss ALL of their artillery shots! They manage to push into area 6 and take it but lose two of their Engineer units in doing so. Area 29 heats up with many fire attacks back and forth in north and north east sectors. The Germans manage to push into area 23 and establish a strong force in area 24. Opposite them is another large force of Brits in area 17. The Germans also manage to set up a strong force for next turn in area 19.

Turn 5
The Tigers lose one unit going into area 23 but with some additional support manage to wrest control of the area and now have a substantial force there poised to do some damage on the next turn. Area 17 also falls in close combat to the Germans. Area 19 exchanges fire with area 18 but both sides remain in control of their respective areas. The Germans have managed to push close to the bridge on the lower east side and now face off with a strong British force in area 5 looking directly at the advancing German units on area 6. The night turns are where the Germans can really advance using the lower movement requirements to enter British controlled areas and get into close quarters.

Turn 6
The Germans take area 5 in close combat and blast out the Brits from Area 18 using the firepower of the Tiger and supporting units in Area 22. With a blocking force in the west in area 3 a lone Bren Carrier shows up but cannot make it through to the Bridge. The last remnants of the British in Area 4 surrender. The final surviving Brits who end up in captivity are the headquarters unit of 1st Recon 1st Division, Company C of the 3rd Parachute Battalion, 1 Unit of Company A 2nd Parachute Battalion, and a single ad-hoc reformed unit.

Final Thoughts
I should have kept pulling back and firing using ranged fire instead of accepting so many close combats during the night turns. Also, losing the Anti-Tank guns really hurt in the later turns and I should have pulled the back with strong forces to protect them. With the Germans, I should have combined infantry and armor together more effectively BEFORE pushing in against the perimeter. I calculate the Germans would end up with 21 Victory points which would be a marginal victory at best. Considering how many units I lost with the Germans I think I would have been relieved of my command pretty quickly! Of course, it really helped the Germans that I kept rolling snake eyes in the first few turns providing them with additional reinforcements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you post a picture, make a space after the image number and write medium. That will make them at bit bigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Great report! Thanks!

And indeed, what Slotracer said. Here are some great tips on what you can do with pics: Tricks of the Geek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ornelles
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How does one get the pic to post in between the paragraphs? I could not get that to work properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
mjornelles wrote:
How does one get the pic to post in between the paragraphs? I could not get that to work properly.
Not sure what exactly you're asking, but if you quote this post, you can see how I put your pics in your session, to demonstrate how. You might want to first upload the pics to your personal gallery, and then use them in your session repost. My guess is (correct me if I'm wrong) you used the "upload a new image" button.

Turn 1
Most of the German forces are in the east side of the map. I place a strong fire base in area 11 with weak forces in the north (areas 22 and 23) and a screening force in the west. The Germans get a very lucky dice roll for reinforcements and 3 Infantry units from Hzr. KG show up in Zone D. The British make a big mistake and move East to engage which leaves a gap in areas 3 & 4. Some SS recon units drive in there to get in between and behind the British Lines. In the east the Germans learn how difficult it is to move up against a solid wall of Brits ready to unleash their fire. I move some of the Bohlt units around to Zone D.

Turn 2
The Germans use the night turn to try and infiltrate and bring about some close combats in areas 2, 7 and 11. They take over area 2 easily and also area 11 albeit with heavy casualties, losing a Headquarters sector to set up for next turn but I have effectively blocked with some Brits including the 5-8-5 Engineer units which are invaluable. The Germans lost all three Mark III tanks this turn as well as a 6-2-8 heavy weapons company. They did manage to knock out one of the anti-tank guns however. The Germans need to use their artillery better but right now the remaining headquarters are out of position. '

Turn 3
The Germans start off getting more reinforcements in Zone C. They make a push in the north entering and taking control of area 23. There is a knock down drag out close combat in area 7 with the Germans just barely taking it. The Germans advance all along the eastern side of the map however the Brits still have their Anti-Tank gun in area 16 to threaten. I find it difficult to use the SS Armored recon 4-6-6 units due to the restrictions on number of units. Perhaps I should have used them as blocking forces in Zones D & E to cut off reinforcement rolls in the long game.

...description of picture here...
Turn 4
The Brits get some reformed ad-hoc units which are spread out along the VP areas. The Germans with their headquarters now all set along the eastern side, miss ALL of their artillery shots! They manage to push into area 6 and take it but lose two of their Engineer units in doing so. Area 29 heats up with many fire attacks back and forth in north and north east sectors. The Germans manage to push into area 23 and establish a strong force in area 24. Opposite them is another large force of Brits in area 17. The Germans also manage to set up a strong force for next turn in area 19.

Turn 5
The Tigers lose one unit going into area 23 but with some additional support manage to wrest control of the area and now have a substantial force there poised to do some damage on the next turn. Area 17 also falls in close combat to the Germans. Area 19 exchanges fire with area 18 but both sides remain in control of their respective areas. The Germans have managed to push close to the bridge on the lower east side and now face off with a strong British force in area 5 looking directly at the advancing German units on area 6. The night turns are where the Germans can really advance using the lower movement requirements to enter British controlled areas and get into close quarters.

Turn 6
The Germans take area 5 in close combat and blast out the Brits from Area 18 using the firepower of the Tiger and supporting units in Area 22. With a blocking force in the west in area 3 a lone Bren Carrier shows up but cannot make it through to the Bridge. The last remnants of the British in Area 4 surrender. The final surviving Brits who end up in captivity are the headquarters unit of 1st Recon 1st Division, Company C of the 3rd Parachute Battalion, 1 Unit of Company A 2nd Parachute Battalion, and a single ad-hoc reformed unit.

Final Thoughts

I should have kept pulling back and firing using ranged fire instead of accepting so many close combats during the night turns. Also, losing the Anti-Tank guns really hurt in the later turns and I should have pulled the back with strong forces to protect them. With the Germans, I should have combined infantry and armor together more effectively BEFORE pushing in against the perimeter. I calculate the Germans would end up with 21 Victory points which would be a marginal victory at best. Considering how many units I lost with the Germans I think I would have been relieved of my command pretty quickly! Of course, it really helped the Germans that I kept rolling snake eyes in the first few turns providing them with additional reinforcements.

click to enlarge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.