5 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: NPC Card - Haven (@Deadwood) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just re-posted one of my "NPC Cards" and that raised a question about Haven (something we'd previously talked about).

The idea with my NPC Cards is that they are house rules for ideas that don't quite fit anywhere else. For example:

OTT is a low-down, thievin' captain who shows up periodically to try to steal jobs from other crew. He also shows up at the end of the game as an additional "victory condition" to try to steal your win away.

CAPSHAW (located on Aesir) is a brain-blown tech trader who will buy Parts and Hacking Rigs from you. As a twist, he knows some treasure troves across the 'Verse, so you may chose to get paid in information for one of these Salvage Ops.

GOVERNOR TOURANT (currently in Deadwood, will probably move to Three Hills or Dragon's Egg) is the tough head of a military colony on the border of Reaver Space. He is willing to trade intel on Reavers (Reaver Alert tokens, which you can collect when he's in play) for Alliance Favors (which give you one-time bonuses to skill tests).

So... A while back, Bill/Phideaux created a very nice map slice for Haven at Deadwood with the intention of making in a potential new contact. What if, instead, we did it as an NPC?

In the original discussion, we talked about the idea of Haven as an alternate drop-off point for Bounties, especially Immoral ones. Way I see it, Haven seems like a good place for folks to hide and start over, so I would envision that you can drop off ANY Bounty at Haven, but you get paid half.

Special: If you drop a Moral Bounty, it is considered "Good Deeds" (don't need to pay Moral Crew) and you are considered "Solid" with Haven.

Normally, you can use an Action to take Shore Leave and buy Fuel at Haven. If you are Solid, you may take Shore Leave for free and also get up to 4 Fuel for free.

I also considered that if you're at Haven, you cannot be pirated - but Haven is only one of three terrestrial bodies in the Deadwood sector (along with Deadwood and New Omaha), so I imagine you could be pirated entering orbit.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
So... A while back, Bill/Phideaux created a very nice map slice for Haven at Deadwood with the intention of making in a potential new contact. What if, instead, we did it as an NPC?

Did it eventually beoome this one: Lost Worlds Edition of map for Firefly: The Game?

I can't spot the overlay, just the full map. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good call. I could've sworn there was an independent overlay, like Magistrate Higgins @ Harvest. Guess that was wishful thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure if we ask him nicely, Bill will oblige. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Saunders
United States
Hot Springs
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UpStarter wrote:
I'm sure if we ask him nicely, Bill will oblige. whistle

I could probably be convinced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.