Popular Tags: [View All]
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(I went through all the cards in my copy last night, but have not played yet, so I could be way off base)

Predators: As an action (once per generation) you can remove an animal resource from any card and place it on this card.

IIRC it's worth 1 VP per animal resource at end of game.

There are several other animal cards that let you place a cube on them as an action but they're typically worth 1 VP per two animals at the end of the game.

I think I saw two cards to defend against it: Pets, which earns points that cannot be stolen, and another card that defends against people stealing several different types of resources.

There are plenty of cards that remove resources (or even resource production) when played, but Predators seemed unique in that you could continue to harass folks for just the cost of an action per generation.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not very. There aren't many animal cards, so you won't necessarily see any in a game. Predators won't come out unless O2 is at least 11%. That means it's likely there are only a few generations left in the game.

My guess is it would be very rare to see it activated more than three times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like many cards, in the right situation, it could be pretty powerful. There are a few cards (and I think a Corp) that let you adjust the requirements for a card. If you used two of those effects together, you'd be able to get the card out fairly early.

But, even if it gets out that early, how powerful it will be depends entirely on what the other players have been doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Callan Bond
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the few games I've played where it's come out, effectively other players just give up on making animals. Same with Ants and bacteria. It could be bad luck if someone had a pool of animals already built up and then Predators came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Love Nilsson
Sweden
Trelleborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmb
Above replies are all true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.