Martin Looij
Netherlands
Dordrecht
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys. I didn't like the card board dark stone. So I decided to go with 'real' dark stone! I found amethyst is closest to dark stone. Check it out!

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool, though you may have to be careful with how it will scrape up components if you aren't careful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amethyst is a nice mineral that simulates Dark Stone pretty well IMO. I want to get some to glue on the bases of some of my models. Its also fairly cheap and easy to come by.

Personally, I like purple fluoride more, its a darker purple, but not sure how accessible it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Looij
Netherlands
Dordrecht
ZH
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jurney85 wrote:
Amethyst is a nice mineral that simulates Dark Stone pretty well IMO. I want to get some to glue on the bases of some of my models. Its also fairly cheap and easy to come by.

Personally, I like purple fluoride more, its a darker purple, but not sure how accessible it is.

Yeah that's nice too! Although indeed amethyst is probably much easier to get and cheaper.

And @Stormknight, if you're not careful, you can damage anything with everything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duikertje1990 wrote:
jurney85 wrote:

Yeah that's nice too! Although indeed amethyst is probably much easier to get and cheaper.

And @Stormknight, if you're not careful, you can damage anything with everything

Hell, I can damage anything with everything even if I AM careful. I'm talented in my accidental destruction abilities!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adith Greyscale
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just make sure you don't store them in a sunny area for a long period of time, most naturally colored crystals are photosensitive and the colors will bleach out of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Billups
msg tools
mb
I picked these beads up at Michaels' and I've been really happy with them. They come in irregular sizes. I drilled some holes in my Darkstone brutes and glued some smaller pieces into the backs, as well as fashioning a 'rattle' for the Hydra's tail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.