Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have a question concerning the movement of Crowz and Abominotaurs.

The rules for these two are in one regard similar, namely that they say something like: determine their target zone, ignoring walls and closed doors...

Usually Zombies will go for the noisiest target in LoS. If there is no target in LoS they will go for the noisiest zone on the board. In both cases distance does not matter.

So here is my question. Do Abominotaurs and Crowz also prioritize targets in line of sight or do they go straight toward the noisiest zone on the board since their target zone is determined, ignoring walls and closed doors? Again, distance does not matter, if I am correct.

Thus far I assumed that all Zombies prioritize targets in LoS for simplicity's sake. But now I wonder if that is correct in the case of the Abominotaur and Crowz.

Thank you for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They really just ignore the walls etc. when determining their path. Choice of target is exactly the same as normal Zombies. Yes, they worded the description somewhat loosely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
line of sight is still needed for determining their target zone, but when calculating the shortest path to the zone you ignore the walls

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the others. I believe that the intent is that they still prioritize like all other zombies, but ignore walls and closed doors when determining the path to the target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there official word on this anywhere? As worded, I would disagree with the others. It's possible that they meant for the Abominotaur to be smelling targets through the walls. I don't have the crowz, but if they're worded the same, they could mean to have LoS over the walls...but according to Wikia, they're worded differently and only ignore walls for their movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They both use the phrasing: "Set the target Zone before moving them, ignoring {something}." For the Abominotaur, the {something} is 'closed walls and doors' while the Crowz ignore 'Vaults (open or not)'.

The comma in that sentence is misleading. What I believe they were trying to say is you 'set the target Zone' before you 'move them ignoring {something}.'

One thing that helps suggest this is the intention is that it makes no sense for Crowz to ignore Vaults when setting their target Zone. When would a Vault ever affect their Line of Sight? Thus, it must be the movement which ignores Vaults.

Incidentally, the Crowz have a second rule later on that allows them to ignore obstacles to their movement such as walls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
They both use the phrasing: "Set the target Zone before moving them, ignoring {something}." For the Abominotaur, the {something} is 'closed walls and doors' while the Crowz ignore 'Vaults (open or not)'.

Ahh ok, using that wording then I agree. I was going by the OPs wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.