Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierce Ostrander III
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Just a ping to see if anyone has created larger, clearer player screens.

To be frank, the ones included with the game are pitiful. Thin Cardboard, far too small, difficult-to-decipher starting setup graphics.

Anyway - I'll do one (at some point, someday) if no one else is working on it or has one...

Has anybody done one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Pisarz, Jr.
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree!

If memory serves this topic was the reason for a 2-4 week delay in delivery. The KS update stated something to the effect that Uwe was dissatisfied with the player screens being poor quality and too thin. If this is the upgrade I can only imagine the what the first print run was like... assuming these are indeed the upgraded version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm cool with the graphics, but I foresee my screens dying in the not too distant future as the corners eventually decide to give up the ghost and stop supporting the screen. Definitely gonna need sturdier replacements at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schroeder

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmb
Agree. Everything is so high quality (with all the add-ons), but the screens look like they will wear out fast on the fold corner. The screens are really the only blemish on an otherwise high quality game imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too was shocked at the poor quality of the screens. They're poorly shaped, of bad material, and the starting locations aren't very legible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are already starting to show some wear after just a few plays. I've been playing with my kids and they are very careful with the bits, so I don't think it is from abuse by any measure. The rest of the pieces are excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were bent and worn right out of the box, just from shifting during transit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.